$30,000 for fraudulent arranged Australia marriage.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: $30,000 for fraudulent arranged Australia marriage.

Post by newkidontheblock »

? Thought that conjugal rights broke the unwritten rule of fake marriages and changes it to a real marriage. Am I wrong?
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

I think that you are wrong. The decision on whether a marriage is a sham or not probably has little to do with sex. I must up my rate, but I did hear of a scam this week. A Vietnamese woman in Vietnam wanting to marry an Aussie and get a visa. No no.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

the going rate is $A60k to $A80k.

plus expenses, so I have beeen told.

No conjugal rights. And you need to live in Oz for a couple of years.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

is that what you paid john?
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Follow-up from the OP:
Orphanage owners convicted of fraud
12 April 2017

A husband and wife who owned an orphanage were yesterday convicted of scamming five people out of almost $40,000 after promising to find the victims work in Australia. Thoeun Samnang, 32, was president of Our Friends Orphanage, while his wife Sok Saknika, 28, was administration and finance director.

Kham Sophary, the deputy prosecutor at the Phnom Penh Municipal Court, said the suspects convinced five people from Takeo province they could find them work in Australia in June 2012.
“They required the victims to pay $10,000 each in advance. They promised they would be able to leave for work in Australia within a month of paying,” he said.
“But after receiving a total of $38,100 from the victims, they did not find them work as promised. When the victims demanded their money back, they fled and went on the run.”

The victims later filed a police complaint and the couple was arrested in accordance a court warrant on September 7 last year.

Ly Lipmeng, a judge at the Phnom Penh Municipal Court, said the suspects were convicted of fraud and ordered to repay the plaintiffs $38,100.
Mr. Samnang was also sentenced to three years in prison and Ms. Saknika two years, while both were fined four million riel (about $1,000).
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/37465/ ... -of-fraud/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

As I understood it, it was over 10k Oz just to apply for a residency visa.....

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic