Motorcycle Servicing

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: Motorcycle Servicing

Post by Kuroneko »

A friend of mine is selling a Buell, I think its 1190cc, 2009, 7000km on the clock, but not sure which model exactly. Asking price is $5000. Its presently housed at Steves? dyno shop.7D Sisawath quay, 100 meters south of Japanese bridge.Tell 012 950 472, email
[email protected]

looks something like this
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

That could be a reasonable buy. Based of course on condition. Like has someone one been adding tap water as coolant. A very common problem everywhere with liquid cooled engines. Liquid does not mean tap water in this instance. Instant corrosion.

2009 was last yr. prod. of Buell AFAIK but Mr. Buell produced an 1190RS that is a big bikers dream in engineering. A legend IMHO.

I'll be in PP weather permitting & maybe have a looky lou. Just for shit's & giggles of course.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

I have found big bikes in cam are comparable to the uk if not cheaper

I have seen r1,cbr1000 and zx9 all at prices similar to uk

saying that u r better of with a 300 ktm
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Airborne wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 am Awesome, thanks for the replies. If you fancy going ahead with a Dubizzle sourced bike, let me know. There's plenty of KTM dirt bikes too. Emiratis buy them fresh, can't handle them, lose interest, and put them up for sale shortly after. So, feel free to use me to check stuff out here for you. And if you make a decision on one, I'll fire the derails over to my shipping buddy and probably get you a quote in 24 hours. I'd love to join a group over there. Incidentally, if you don't mind me asking, what do you do yourself over there in the Land of Wonder?
Big thanks for the offer. I've looked and most bikes seem to be motocross which isn't my thing. Another thing to note is that any newish KTM is "banned" and for some brands (such as Yamaha) there's a hefty charge because someone has the bought the rights as the sole importer. I'll keep my eyes peeled. Will send a PM regarding my work.
SinnSisamouth wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:06 pm I have found big bikes in cam are comparable to the uk if not cheaper

I have seen r1,cbr1000 and zx9 all at prices similar to uk

saying that u r better of with a 300 ktm
I actually agree with you there. A lot of big bikes (especially crotch rockets) are quite cheap by local standards. The locals are a bit small for them and rightfully get scared of all that power so soon ditch them. The 400-600 bracket is typically expensive though, except maybe twenty year old Dominators and Transalps.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

there is a dinky french guy in shv who rides a knackered transalp.even with the sagging suspension he cant put his foot down without nearly jumping off!

it is hilarious seeing him trying to be cool on it.

bit like this guy

(not sure why he is not riding down the middle (lane splitting) which is the point of bikes!)
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic