Carnage on Monivong: accident causes 3 dead and 6 injured

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Carnage on Monivong: accident causes 3 dead and 6 injured

Post by kiwiincambodia »

I heard they lifted the car as someone was trapped underneath, nothing to do with mob justice.

The beat down the cunt got was and in this case I think it justified enough to turn a blind eye to. If he had got out after the initial "minor" accident and got his ass handed to him mob justice would not have been justified, IMHO
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Yeah, weird he ran if he just dented the car door, especially to try and do a U-y and go full pelt. Dent in a door is $30. New door maybe $100. Each dead one is $2500.
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:17 pm I heard they lifted the car as someone was trapped underneath, nothing to do with mob justice.

The beat down the cunt got was and in this case I think it justified enough to turn a blind eye to. If he had got out after the initial "minor" accident and got his ass handed to him mob justice would not have been justified, IMHO
So many times I've seen runners get into so much more trouble after an accident than if they just stopped and dealt with it. Granted if the initial accident involved someone dying or significant injury you still will probably see mob justice. Again it's due to the poor justice system and not seeing justice for the injured people involved.

I say you get what you get in this country. But I've been told even if you're not at fault if you're involved in a major accident like that, death or serious injury, best to run and contact the cops later to deal with it. But again if the government showed it was competent, also police that arrive on the scene, and at least not corrupt on the surface you might see change in the mentality.
Popeye
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Popeye »

prahkeitouj wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:35 am
rogerrabbit wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:14 am fuck arresting him should have let the crowd finish him off the cunt
RIP
I hope this was sarcasm :facepalm: One of the reason these "i hit one car little -> panic -> i try escape and then accidentally hit more people" things happens because of this "beat the the guy who crashed" attitude in Cambodia. I just wish you never accidentally hit anyone when driving out there.
Some cases like this. Most of people who have cars drive like they will not die even traffic accident happen so they don't care about anyone else.
they don't care about anyone else !!!!!

Yes, it is all "ME, ME ,ME, here in this country. No respect or consideration for anyone else !
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:17 am what is in the khmers ( and thai's as well) make up that makes them always want to attack people? Sure he fucked up, but....

Is it cause they know that justice will NOT be given?

May we consider a more primal genetic predisposition to resort to violence into the extreme in some % of any population of any culture on any given day? Cognizant of the fact that they will not be punished.

Just putin it out there.

Jamie:
''ive seen hundreds of crashes out here''

Hundreds! Really? Hundreds?
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Popeye wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:44 pm they don't care about anyone else !!!!!

Yes, it is all "ME, ME ,ME, here in this country. No respect or consideration for anyone else !

Harsh but very true!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Luigi wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:26 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:17 am what is in the khmers ( and thai's as well) make up that makes them always want to attack people? Sure he fucked up, but....

Is it cause they know that justice will NOT be given?

May we consider a more primal genetic predisposition to resort to violence into the extreme in some % of any population of any culture on any given day? Cognizant of the fact that they will not be punished.

Just putin it out there.

Jamie:
''ive seen hundreds of crashes out here''

Hundreds! Really? Hundreds?
figure of speech obviously :roll:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

According to Huy Bunleng, the driver is in a critical condition in hospital with severe brain injuries.
Spoiler:
Koon Khmer reports that he has a fractured skull, bleeding on the brain, and that he is not expected to live.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Maybe something to do with this:

"“They beat him until he lost consciousness and when he started to come around they started beating him again,” he said."

"the driver, who appears to be floating in and out of consciousness with substantial wounds to his head and face. At one point, a large slab of concrete hits the man on his side"

https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/angr ... ee-127144/
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

mixed thoughts, sad to hear someone suffering and not likely to make it, eye for an eye and all that but, did he deserve a beating for driving like and idiot and killing 3 people, probably, does he deserve to die from the beating, probably not, let him suffer in prison and reflect on his actions, is a more suitable punishment
i guess the families of the already deceased wont have much sympathy
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic