Teenagers brought in over bombs

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

nasty stone bombs. can we expect to see more of this type of thing
“We do not believe that those students know the method to create such explosive devices. We believe that experts have taught them with bad intentions, which can impact social security.”
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/t ... over-bombs
Mon, 20 March 2017
Khouth Sophak Chakrya
Five students were arrested in Battambang’s Banan district on Saturday afternoon by provincial and district police for assembling and detonating illegal explosives, according to local authorities.

Battambang provincial deputy police chief Chet Vanny said yesterday that authorities received a report on Wednesday about a group of students on motorbikes throwing explosives on the streets, alarming bystanders.

Vanny, who led the investigation, said that five students – Un Phanet, 18, Orn Sopheap, 19, and three minors – were arrested, and some evidence, including explosives, was confiscated.

According to Vanny, the youths admitted to assembling the explosives themselves.

“They took the explosives from firecrackers, about four to five, and pebbles . . . They mixed them, put them in plastic bags and taped them,” he said.

The students have been sent to court for further action, while authorities are looking for the people responsible for teaching them the methods of creating the explosives.

“We do not believe that those students know the method to create such explosive devices. We believe that experts have taught them with bad intentions, which can impact social security.”
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Teenagers brought in over bombs

Post by taabarang »

I'm no expert on the subject but they hardly seemed like sophisticated devices that would require outside grooming. Maybe they planned to blow up an ATM.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Yeah it's pretty simple and most guys in their early teens play around with firecrackers and like to blow shit up.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

My mate Bob and his buddies made plastic explosives from a recipe off the net, went round blowing up post boxes until one of them unfortunately discharged in his mate's pocket. The police weren't best pleased, to say the least.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

we all knew people that blew things up, more often than not themselves, but what kind of mind puts stones round them?
reminds me of the London nail bomber. i'd keep my eyes on them.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic