More weird shit from Bangkok expat social media.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

More weird shit from Bangkok expat social media.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Another bizarre Bangkok drama involving foreigners on social media, related by Stickboy Bangkok... an oily massage alleged rape, 5000B compensation, followed by a meal at a swanky hotel which was not paid for, together with assault charges against hotel staff - 3600B bill, plus fine paid out. Guess the total sum works out as a cheap night out.

But it's a mystery why this woman felt the need to post on social media despite the fact that her complaint strongly resembles extortion - or how to pay for a top class feed at Le Meridian when you're short on cash ?

A British woman took to a Bangkok Expats Facebook group on Monday morning alleging she was raped by a male masseuse at a Patpong massage shop the previous afternoon.
She claimed the reason for posting was to warn others.

The story took a twist when Thairath published an article last night in which a manager at the massage shop told them the woman came into the shop at 3pm as she claims, took a male masseuse despite the fact the session would involve nudity as it was an oil massage and left 30 minutes later without saying a word to any other members of staff regarding her alleged rape.

The assistant manager went on to say the woman returned two hours later with her western boyfriend to make the claim at which point they offered to go file a police report and have the woman take a rape test. She refused and demanded 8,000 baht in compensation. She left after settling on 5,000 baht.

The employee accused of rape denied the allegation.Bang Rak police station confirmed the settlement with Thairath stating the shop settled to avoid further problems.
The officer went on to say the drama with the British woman didn’t end there.

Following her massage, the Brit and her boyfriend went to the Le Meridian Hotel for a meal where a fight broke out over the bill and a member of staff was assaulted.

The couple were taken to Bang Rak police station where the 3,600 baht bill was paid together with a fine for assault.

Regarding the rape allegation, police told reporters the woman refused to take a rape test, return the cash settlement she accepted and proceed with a formal complaint. She signed an agreement the matter was closed, that came with a warning if she publicly criticised the shop she could face defamation charges...
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: More weird shit from Bangkok expat social media.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

British tourist claims rape at Bangkok massage parlour

Police on Tuesday said a British national’s claim that she was raped by a male masseur at a Thai massage parlor in Bangkok was false.

The tourist posted her account of the incident online Monday, alleging she was assaulted at Tarntawan Massage in Bang Rak area, close to the red light district of Patpong. Like the police, the manager of the establishment disputed her story.

Col. Nakhon Thongpanich, chief of Bang Rak Police Station, said the woman did not file any complaint. He also accused her of having “bad intent.”
“No complaint was filed,” Nakhon said. “She had bad intent … Nothing she said happened. She was just making it up.”

A manager of Tarntawan Massage denied that the rape took place. Speaking by telephone, Namphroh Chopkarn said the woman did visit her shop at about 4:30pm on Sunday for an oil massage with a male staff member, but she later left without paying.

Half an hour later, Namphroh said, the woman and a foreign man who identified himself as her boyfriend returned to the shop, berated the staff for raping her and demanded an apology. Namphroh said the masseur insisted he didn’t do it, but the tourist asked for compensation of 8,000 baht. Namphroh said he negotiated it down to 5,000 baht.

“I asked if I could pay 5,000 baht. I didn’t want any troubles with foreign tourists,” Namphroh said.

The pair left but later came back again and shouted about the rape, according to Namphroh. At this point he said he called the police, and they all went to Bang Rak Police Station, where police asked the woman if she wanted to file a complaint. She declined on the grounds that she kept the 5,000 baht, Namphroh said.

“So we made an agreement to end everything right there, but she went on to speak about it anyway,” the manager said. “I’m consulting police if I should take any action about that. Frankly, I regret trusting her and paying her the money.”

-Khaosod English
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic