Vietnam Introduces E-Visas for 40 countries

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Trinitysmackstain
Expatriate

Re: Vietnam Introduces E-Visas for 40 countries

Post by Trinitysmackstain »

willyhilly wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:00 pm I am planning a major moto ride there. I have read so many Vietnam memoirs lately on my Kindle, really cheap history books. I may visit every US Firebase there, on their lonely mountain tops and write a book. The best fiction book about Vietnam is The 13th Valley about the A Shau, there were several firebases there adjacent to the Lao border.
I just read a book by a Huey pilot who flew ARVN troops into Lao for the ill fated Lam Son 719 operation. It had two objectives, cut the HCM trail and show that the ARVN could fight the war without US boots on the ground. It was a major disaster, of course.
How does one stay for more than 30 days? Is there a visa that can be easily extended.
And what about taking a 150cc moto from Cambodia and the drivers licence, does anyone know?
And the SAs guy in the 136# bar is actually a homeless can collector.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

willyhilly wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:00 pm I am planning a major moto ride there. I have read so many Vietnam memoirs lately on my Kindle, really cheap history books. I may visit every US Firebase there, on their lonely mountain tops and write a book. The best fiction book about Vietnam is The 13th Valley about the A Shau, there were several firebases there adjacent to the Lao border.
I just read a book by a Huey pilot who flew ARVN troops into Lao for the ill fated Lam Son 719 operation. It had two objectives, cut the HCM trail and show that the ARVN could fight the war without US boots on the ground. It was a major disaster, of course.
How does one stay for more than 30 days? Is there a visa that can be easily extended.
And what about taking a 150cc moto from Cambodia and the drivers licence, does anyone know?
In PP, you can get a 3-month multi-entry VN visa for $80 at the travel shop beside Sundance. Probably other places as well. As for crossing into VN on a motorcycle, I've never read of anyone able to do it, unless it was just into the neighbouring Viet province. There are many Viet plated bikes in Cambodia. As long as the papers are legit for the purchase, you should be able to ride into Vietnam. I've seen many for sale on various FB expat forums.
ron100
Tourist
New Zealand

Post by ron100 »

just back from 3 weeks .siagon nha trang, dalate,Vung tau Nha trang is full of russians ,an in nha trang some restos there was no english menu just russian ,from nah trang airport to the center which is about 40/50 km ,there is massive development going on with resorts being built right along that road ,the beach is nothing to write home about ,an i still prefer SHV,though its very clean with 3 lane roads ,d
Dalate was very cold when we went but was a nice place to visit,siagon well if u like motor bikes going past 24 hrs day then ok ,food was good prices well they seemed ok but not cheap, v
Vung tau was very quite ,and easy to ride a motor bike around except sat an sun,with 3 lane roads, beach was ok ,few girly bars with take out,good food, cheap ??? i thought Cambodia was cheaper over all,but being first time u get screwed at times ,
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:54 pm
In PP, you can get a 3-month multi-entry VN visa for $80 at the travel shop beside Sundance. Probably other places as well. As for crossing into VN on a motorcycle, I've never read of anyone able to do it, unless it was just into the neighbouring Viet province. There are many Viet plated bikes in Cambodia. As long as the papers are legit for the purchase, you should be able to ride into Vietnam. I've seen many for sale on various FB expat forums.
Got an express 3-months multiple two weeks ago for USD 55.00 (plus USD 1.00 for not having a photo). You are getting ripped off;-)

I have taken a sidecar from Cambodia into Vietnam and back.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

boots, more boots. Keep em coming. American boots off course, and on the ground with them.....
Were there not some natives in slippers that beat the shit out of you? Or was that fake news?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic