Police Tell Penniless French Backpacker Chick to Stop Begging in the Streets of Kampot

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Police Tell Penniless French Backpacker Chick to Stop Begging in the Streets of Kampot

Post by taabarang »

Kid, the light faded on you long ago. You had your rant; thanks for the laughs.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Police Tell Penniless French Backpacker Chick to Stop Begging in the Streets of Kampot

Post by Anchor Moy »

This is the second French "routarde"' from Kampot in the news in the past month. The other one who was deported last month : https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/general ... 12727.html

Kampot's a popular French tourist destination, and there seems to be an expanding expat population also. Quite a lot of young people looking to stay and work, and who can blame them ?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

leitfaden wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:50 pm
taabarang wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:14 pm Granted that rich and poor are relative in different countries. Nonetheless not every tourist from a rich country is rich. You speak like a Cambodian who thinks foreigners owe them their money.
How a french tourist in cambodia can be poor ?

she paid around 500-700 eur to come to cambodia. You better know than me, how long a cambodian work for this money. If i understnad you well, it's ok that this people come to cambodia and ask them for money, to travell around and they not know how to pay their food and hostel.......these people show a very bad side from foreigners in cambodia.

so you young and too lazy to work for there money. My education teach me, that I buy things, for witch i have the money for. That mean, I travell, when i have money for it. And not go to a poor conty and begg around for it. Sorry, i don't understand it and don't want to understand it.

poverty is relativ. You're right. But from the cambodian perspective we all have a confortable life. How much ever you have in europe. Cambodian even have a health insurance and some die because of 10 $ missing for the doctor bill . The money the people (tourists and cambodian) give this peace of rubish will not go into a cambodian poket, what is much better than pay her a hostel, a beer or food (from witch she have enough at home in france).

during travelling around i meet so many of these people and i realy hate them. They don't have any understanding for the poverty of all these poor people around her and don't shame to "steel" them the money. The personal fun is the only priority.

Whatever....sorry for my anger, but Its stronger than me :)
:thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: RE: Re: Police Tell Penniless French Backpacker Chick to Stop Begging in the Streets of Kampot

Post by that genius »

Roxane wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:58 am " Can't call them chicks. Can't call them girls. Can't call them ma'am because it might make them feel old. Can't call them darling or you might catch a sexual harassment charge. What the fuck is going on? What should I say to be politically correct in 2017?"

I guess you can call her a woman. I am sure no one in the world would be upset about it =)
Thanks, WOMAN!

Have a nice day, WOMAN!

Nah...have a nice day, babe. Screw hyper-PC.

that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: RE: Re: Police Tell Penniless French Backpacker Chick to Stop Begging in the Streets of Kampot

Post by that genius »

Roxane wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:58 am " Can't call them chicks. Can't call them girls. Can't call them ma'am because it might make them feel old. Can't call them darling or you might catch a sexual harassment charge. What the fuck is going on? What should I say to be politically correct in 2017?"

I guess you can call her a woman. I am sure no one in the world would be upset about it =)
Somewhere in NY there is a lonely, friendless neo-fascist liberal that will find a way to get upset over whatever we call them.

Our very existence as males is offensive to some.
mossie
Expatriate
Finland

Post by mossie »

cptrelentless wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:37 am Chicks don't like you calling them "chicks" any more. You're stuck in the nineties. Apparently.
You really nailed it. Chicken chick.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

It was probably cool to be called a 'chick' in the 1960's - 70's. A bit dated now in the times of #Metoo.
Алина Анисимов
Expatriate

Post by Алина Анисимов »

frank lee bent wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:07 pm yeah typical trashpacker

Sounds as if you have never been hungry and if you have you have forgotten quickly. You don't know her story maybe she's lost 15 kilos since she's been in Cambodia who knows. But one thing I must say is, this constant I'm better than these people post are so boring I've just given up. Who cares not me.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

trash packers are usually the snobbiest of all travelers, Kampot scene has its fair share of chic junkies, douchebags and druggy hipsters......
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:55 pm It was probably cool to be called a 'chick' in the 1960's - 70's. A bit dated now in the times of #Metoo.
#MeToo hasn't reached Cambodia yet.

Here you can still call a girl a 'moan thmey'.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic