Police Tell Penniless French Backpacker Chick to Stop Begging in the Streets of Kampot

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Police Tell Penniless French Backpacker Chick to Stop Begging in the Streets of Kampot

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

"On the night of the 02-03-2017, the office of KAMPOT immigration police , by the instructions from the general commissioner of Kampot police called a French tourist girl who has no any money and stayed in the the village to Kampot to introduced her to stay in the safe place of the guesthouse in town and not to beg the food from the villagers
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: Police Tell Penniless French Backpacker Chick to Stop Begging in the Streets of Kampot

Post by Raybull »

"introduced her to stay in the safe place of the guesthouse..." but get yourself cleaned up and we'll 'check ' up on you every hour or so :evil6:
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Police Tell Penniless French Backpacker Chick to Stop Begging in the Streets of Kampot

Post by cptrelentless »

Chicks don't like you calling them "chicks" any more. You're stuck in the nineties. Apparently.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

cptrelentless wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:37 am Chicks don't like you calling them "chicks" any more. You're stuck in the nineties. Apparently.
Would chicken be a more appropriate term then? 2017 Poster girl for the new 'Kampot barang chicken farm initiative'?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Police Tell Penniless French Backpacker Chick to Stop Begging in the Streets of Kampot

Post by General Mackevili »

cptrelentless wrote:Chicks don't like you calling them "chicks" any more. You're stuck in the nineties. Apparently.
I assumed she'd be more upset about us calling her a backpacker, or even French.

Can't call them chicks. Can't call them girls. Can't call them ma'am because it might make them feel old. Can't call them darling or you might catch a sexual harassment charge. What the fuck is going on? What should I say to be politically correct in 2017?

Apparently I can't even tell them that my name is Hugh M!?!?

[YouTube]s9ImSupXt3g[/YouTube]

Can I still say "hello" to them or not? Image

[YouTube]WpvnO0p9KvU[/YouTube]

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Doesn't look rough at all like some the foreigner beggars and ajai. Is she really destitute or just afraid to call her parents for money?
Roxane
Tourist

Re: RE: Re: Police Tell Penniless French Backpacker Chick to Stop Begging in the Streets of Kampot

Post by Roxane »

" Can't call them chicks. Can't call them girls. Can't call them ma'am because it might make them feel old. Can't call them darling or you might catch a sexual harassment charge. What the fuck is going on? What should I say to be politically correct in 2017?"

I guess you can call her a woman. I am sure no one in the world would be upset about it =)
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

But she is French. "Poule" will work quite well.
Il n'y a guère de français (e) qui y trouve quelque
chose à redire.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

taabarang wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:43 am But she is French. "Poule" will work quite well.
Il n'y a guère de français (e) qui y trouve quelque
chose à redire.
"Connasse" springs to mind.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"Connasse" springs to mind.". Interesting word that. Not so long ago, maybe 70-80,years that word more or less had the meaning of "country bumpkin" and then evolved into prostitute. The older meaning still exists in the English?coon ass* referring to the Cajuns of Louisiana. The French speaking Cajun soldiers were called that by French military members in WW II because the found them backward and their French archaic.

I know you didn't ask, but my MA cost me good bucks and I rarely get the chance to flaunt it.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic