Consulting

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Consulting

Post by WildA »

Planning a move to PP from the USA. Long time traveler in Asia, mostly in Thailand. For financial reasons, Thailand is out for me because I am in my 60s and want to work otherwise my brain will turn to mush and Ill end up playing handball with my own shit. Plus Ill starve. That being said, is there a market for business, marketing and immigration law consultants. I also plan to teach and tutor?
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Consulting

Post by frank lee bent »

there is definitely a market for helping cambodians through the visa application process for usa.
also, some universities pay quite big money to scholastic agents who can recruit foreign students, and many have very attractive sholarship programs that go unfilled every year.

for example:
http://australiaawards.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx
you would need a fluent khmer/english speaker as a partner
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

Thanks Frnak...what about Business and Marketing...I am a published writer and blogger and a Marketing/Sales guru...how to market that...Shanks Mare from place to place?
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

do not work for a plus network asia or 3nokor.
either will hire you but not pay.

in order of traffic for digital
facebook, youtube, google
it is unlikely you will compete with khmers because facebook, and english is unused in the local market.

better try and develop some offshore clientele that you can work remote for.

i do web design and most of my clients are outside cambodia.
it is very difficult to get local business without an established social network
maybe you could teach at local universities in the subjects you mention.

the suggestions i originally made are still your best course i think for the local market.
jackcwj
Tourist

Post by jackcwj »

Although this isn't a job board, this Facebook group may still be helpful if you're looking for a tech community in Cambodia to offer your services:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cambodiaecommerce/
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

how can you starve in thailand, it has some of the tastiest cheap food in all the kingdoms
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic