Airport Stupidity

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Airport Stupidity

Post by obelisks »

this is what is coming next.......................

Welcome Aboard, But First US Marshals Will Scan Your Retina
We had already been through boarding pass checks, passport checks, scanners, and pat downs. At the gate, each passenger had already had their tickets scanned and we were all walking on the jet bridge to board. It’s at this point that most people assume that it is all done: finally we can enjoy some sense of normalcy.
This time was different. Halfway down the jetbridge, there was a new layer of security. Two US Marshals, heavily armed and dressed in dystopian-style black regalia, stood next to an upright machine with a glowing green eye. Every passenger, one by one, was told to step on a mat and look into the green scanner. It was scanning our eyes and matching that scan with the passport, which was also scanned (yet again)
I couldn’t find anyone who had ever seen something like this before. I wrote friends who travel internationally and none said they had ever seen anything like this.

I will tell you how it made me feel: like a prisoner in my own country. It’s one thing to control who comes into a country. But surveilling and permissioning American citizens as they leave their own country, even as they are about to board, is something else.

https://fee.org/articles/welcome-aboard ... ur-retina/
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

"German guy with a 62 inch beer belly was asked to take off his belt and then he purposely let his pants drop to the floor.
As he waddled forward, they asked him to lift his pants up and he made several attempts at bending over to reach them , shouting holly shizen houtzen or something."

Purposely - there you have it.

Our back and forth aside, I must find a way to not merely thank but reward you for "holy shizen houtzen".
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

Upon further consideration:

thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

You know having an Iris scan wouldn't phase me a bit. But that's probably because I do it almost daily on projects. Not every project but many have Iris scanners.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic