Airport Stupidity

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Airport Stupidity

Post by Mr Curious »

That's my main gripe too Hanno. You NEVER know. Last trip they wanted my wallet out and this time no. I learned to put stuff in my bag, and send it along the conveyor belt. Only time I went thru PP a guy took my florescent green duck tape, geniune ducktape brand too, real adhesive. Got to my destination and found I'd forgotten to put a knife in the check in bag and THAT they did not bother with.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Excellent!!!!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

[b]Instead of getting agitated, why not just accept & go along with it ?

Makes life much easier :)
[/quote]

That's what they said to the Jew's in Germany.
[/quote]

That has to be one of the most stupid comments of the week
.[/b]

Taking off your belt hardly ranks with being sent to die, does it.

I look at it from the point of view that they are trying to prevent people from blowing us up. I fly a fair bit (8 flights in the next four days) and I have seen that getting all agitated will not get you anywhere; these security guards have seen it all. I just play it cool and go with the flow.

What annoys me is the inconsistency: one airport asks you to remove the laptop, the next one (in the same region) doesn't. Heck, even within Vietnam there are different rules....
[/quote]

Stupid comments are posted here so stupid people can read them. I'm glad you spotted it, so welcome to the Stupidosity Club
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

First and second place duely awarded.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

That is a silly whinge. We all want to fly safely and if we all co operate then we board the plane quicker. There was a shoe bomber of course, these security people aren't just being difficult. It doesn't take much to blow a hole in the side of a plane, the skin is about two milimetres thick, if that.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

willyhilly wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:50 pm That is a silly whinge. We all want to fly safely and if we all co operate then we board the plane quicker. There was a shoe bomber of course, these security people aren't just being difficult. It doesn't take much to blow a hole in the side of a plane, the skin is about two milimetres thick, if that.

So point me in the right direction,,,
How does taking a belt off a man's pants help with security.
How does taking a belt off a man and not a female help security.
Why is ''tape '' not allowed to be carried in hand baggage ?
What damage can a pair if nail clippers do that would make them dangerous to carry on a plane ?
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
scoffer
Tourist

Post by scoffer »

Was coming back home through KL airport not long ago and the guy at the scanner had me pulled aside and my bags searched, again, again and again.
They found a pocket knife in my shaving bag, it must of been there for over 15 yrs old and I had no idea it had somehow lodged in the lining of my shaving bag and did not know it was there.

The odd part is that I had taken 40+ international flights in the past 10 years and no one else had picked it up - Including KL2 which I have used as the hub for my international flights.

So I guess it all comes down to the guy at the gate/scanner and what he feels is a threat.
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

"So point me in the right direction,,,
What damage can a pair if nail clippers do that would make them dangerous to carry on a plane ?"

Trivial problems not worth thinking about.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Otis wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:10 pm "So point me in the right direction,,,
What damage can a pair if nail clippers do that would make them dangerous to carry on a plane ?"

Trivial problems not worth thinking about.

Mr Otis, this is not a trivial problem, embarrassing a man by having his pants fall down in front of fellow travelers, borders on sexual harassment,
which is up there on the list beside waterboarding and torture.
When will they start asking females to take out the ''underwire '' in their upsuporting bra ? That wire could also be used as a weapon on the plane . I remember talking to a guy at Garage Bar who said he was a qualified Braologest and he told me the wire in bra's, because of the shape, can disturb the planes
operating and guidance system. They can also control the brainwaves of humans and the direction of where eyes point.
All females should have to take off their bra's at the airport security check to make traveling on planes safer.
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

Embarrassing a man by having his pants fall down in front of fellow travelers.

Hardly a regular occurrence. Once in a blue moon.

borders on sexual harassment, which is up there on the list beside waterboarding and torture.

I was on a crowded buy in Naples just the other day and witnessed 2 women, one was being waterboarded whilst the other was being tortured.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic