Land for sale or lease 4,000 islands Laos

If you are looking for a business to buy in Cambodia, you've come to the right place! This is a section where owners can post their businesses for sale and where others in the community can ask questions about starting a business here. Foreigners can own 100% of a business here in Cambodia, and it's a pretty simple process to buy or sell, whether it's a bar, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. Have questions about what paperwork is needed for your company? Ask away. Curious if the expat bar on Street 136 selling for $100,000 is a good deal? Start a discussion on CEO and we'll let you know what we think.
4000islandsguy
Expatriate
United States of America

Land for sale or lease 4,000 islands Laos

Post by 4000islandsguy »

I have two parcels of land available for purchase or lease in the 4,000 islands area. Please follow the link I have provided below if you are interested.

http://www.longislandguesthouse-dondet. ... -sale.html
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Land for sale or lease 4,000 islands Laos

Post by StroppyChops »

Nicely worded web ad 4kIG
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

how does one buy land in Laos.
Same as Thailand/Cambodia?

Ie. need a local to put in their name?
situation
and biggest question; how safe is it, WE all know buying land in Cambodia is at best a 50-50% lose

PS;
very nice website, but have to admit there are some things that i don't like, so take these as suggestions from someone that has worked in the tourism field to help your potential customers avoid contacting you an wasting your time.

i really hate accommodation places that do not list their rates>
No mention if there is electric ( generator?) Doesn't look like it, or wifi access
no mention how far you are from anywhere

Just my $.05 worth
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
4000islandsguy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by 4000islandsguy »

phuketrichard wrote:how does one buy land in Laos.
Same as Thailand/Cambodia?

Ie. need a local to put in their name?
situation
and biggest question; how safe is it, WE all know buying land in Cambodia is at best a 50-50% lose

PS;
very nice website, but have to admit there are some things that i don't like, so take these as suggestions from someone that has worked in the tourism field to help your potential customers avoid contacting you an wasting your time.

i really hate accommodation places that do not list their rates>
No mention if there is electric ( generator?) Doesn't look like it, or wifi access
no mention how far you are from anywhere

Just my $.05 worth
Sorry for the late reply as I just got back home. To answer your question buying land in Laos is the same as Thailand. You need a Lao national to put it in their name. You can own 49% of the land on paper. In my case I own 49% of the land my business is on, as well as have in writing that I own outright, all structures, fixtures, houses, furniture, machinery, electrical transformers, towers, tractor, the kitchen sink, you name it and I have it registered as mine. As added protection I also leased the land for 30 years. So it is somewhat unusual that I own 49% but also lease but can't be too careful. I have also put in writing that the land can not be sold, re-leased, or used as security on any type of loan without my explicit consent in writing.

So I have covered all bases as far as any shenanigans go, although I also trust who I am dealing with. Laos is much more stable (for better or worse) than Cambodia. You don't hear of land grabs and such things like in Cambodia. People that have interests here do not assume somebody will steal their land by default. I have not heard of one single problem of having land snatched that didn't somehow involve the vagina the person was married to. Even then this could have been avoided if the contract was worded similar to how I have written mine.

As far as government land grabs it is best to avoid buying land in areas that are government controlled such as next to a waterfall or park entrance etc.

Thank you for your feedback regarding my website you make some very valid and helpful points that I will try to address soon.

Prices for rooms vary by the season and sometimes by the day here. So I am reluctant to list prices however thinking about it, it wouldn't take much effort to change that now and again. So I will list prices, in the near future when I get around to updating my site. I also refuse to raise prices just because others do so online.

There is electricity and I do have a back up generator. The power in Laos is much better than say in Sihanoukvile, so the generator isn't often times needed. I never even thought of giving this information but could see how a frequent traveller to SE. Asia might find it useful. I believe I am the only guesthouse that has one actually, and would do very well to point this out to people. Ironically I just received an inquiry from a film crew who wants to stay and this was the first concern they raised. So thank you for this tip.

We also do have WiFi and I will make a note of this in my website as well. For the time being Wifi is available in the restaurant and in one room that is closest to that area. I will be adding extenders to my router to provide all rooms internet in the near future.

There is a map of our location on the website in local area info and the contact us sections. I should probably also add information in regards to where exactly 4,000 islands is in Laos.

Thank you for your feedback and I will definitely follow up on your suggestions.
4000islandsguy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by 4000islandsguy »

Perhaps I would have been better off putting this under business for sale? Seems more appropriate than in here next to wagon wheels and tortilla presses. Could a mod please move this over if that is possible?
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

:? won't that area be underwater when the dam goes in ?
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
4000islandsguy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by 4000islandsguy »

No it won't be. The dam they are building doesn't require a huge reservoir. Though I obviously would rather they not do it at all. The pieces of land I have are also high enough that they were never impacted during the floods a few years ago.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

:popcorn: So 49% is for sale and the partner is who ?
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
4000islandsguy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by 4000islandsguy »

beaker wrote::popcorn: So 49% is for sale and the partner is who ?
The land is 100% for sale and you choose anybody you want to deal with. You can use the guy I use to hold title or nominate whoever you wish. Should you have nobody you trust to hold title for you we can also write it up so that we hold it until you get somebody you trust and then transfer it over.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

So you buy 100% but can only own 49% ?
jimi hendrix
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic