Official guide to being a tight arse in Siem Reap

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Official guide to being a tight arse in SR

Post by Anchor Moy »

phrammoianchor wrote:
As pictured below
Could you pixel out my face please ?
phrammoianchor
Expatriate

Post by phrammoianchor »

kiwiincambodia wrote:This might just be the most depressing thread I have ever read on the internet....

Who travels half way around the world to live in squalor?
Please define squalor.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

phrammoianchor wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:This might just be the most depressing thread I have ever read on the internet....

Please define squalor.

That would be doing what exactly you are, counting pennies, drinking the cheapest beer available and eating nothing but packet noodles and pork baguettes.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
phrammoianchor wrote:

Please define squalor.

That would be doing what exactly you are, counting pennies, drinking the cheapest beer available and eating nothing but packet noodles and pork baguettes.
Exactly. And talking about money, or the lack thereof, all the time. Loser.
phrammoianchor
Expatriate

Post by phrammoianchor »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
phrammoianchor wrote:

Please define squalor.

Well there is not a lot of price range in local beer in KoW just a few KHR 100 give or take , Many local people enjoy pork baguettes and noodles too.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Official guide to being a tight arse in SR

Post by kiwiincambodia »

phrammoianchor wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
phrammoianchor wrote:

Please define squalor.

Well there is not a lot of price range in local beer in KoW just a few KHR 100 give or take , Many local people enjoy pork baguettes and noodles too.
Yes but their diet does not consist of only pork baguettes and noodles. They can actually afford at least 1 meal with rice once a day.

There are locals living in poverty that have a better existence than you.
phrammoianchor
Expatriate

Post by phrammoianchor »

hanno wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
phrammoianchor wrote:

Please define squalor.

Exactly. And talking about money, or the lack thereof, all the time. Loser.
I dont know or see any losers here in KoW, Even the down an out homeless foreigners i meet around SEA have a greater extent of social skills/world knowledge/travel experience /language skills than most people living in the west.
phrammoianchor
Expatriate

Post by phrammoianchor »

If you really wanna save money here in Cambodia you will find that toilet paper is really not a daily necessity.
Instead we use a tool nicknamed "bum gun"
Self explanatory on how it of works of course.
Heres a sample pic.Image
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I said it before: you are either a Class A troll or just a sad fuck. The jury is still out.

Did you know that ANZ bank has a water dispenser? Maybe you should head there to fill up your water bottle.

Some restaurants around Pub Street chuck their garbage in the wee hours of the morning; I am sure the odd tasty morsel can be found in there.

Have a great holiday!!!
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

Trapper hasn't yet given us his daily/monthly breakdown of what he buys and what it costs, so we can properly critique.

Yes, its possible to live cheaply, but the point is if it's not fun its pointless. Crappy beers and noodle soups is uninspiring and not my idea of wise living at all.

Surely renting an appartrment, or sharing with another budget traveller is the way to go? Buy fresh food, cook, eat veg and fruit. Brew your own beer or buy a crate?

What about Girlfriends?

YAWN. This isn't much of a thread after all. Anyone can live cheaply in SE Asia, that's not difficult. What is, is creating a life that is not in any way lacking, because you chose to limit the pleasurable things in life, which usually cost, ahem, Money..

:P
More than just any old backpacker.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic