Tough new smoking laws soon?

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Tough new smoking laws soon?

Post by Username Taken »

Luigi wrote:
Username Taken wrote:I just received my first packet of Ara with pictures of smokers lungs on both sides.

And what was your reaction? Laugh, disgust, throw them away?
To be honest, I saw it as yet another reminder that I should start to get serious about quitting. :thumb:
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Gotta think that is a good thing. Do the cig makers here use all or many of the same added toxic adulterants to their products? As Phillip Morris, Lorrillard, Imperial , etc. do?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Luigi wrote:Gotta think that is a good thing. Do the cig makers here use all or many of the same added toxic adulterants to their products? As Phillip Morris, Lorrillard, Imperial , etc. do?

Most brands here (State Express 555, Kent, Alain Delon, Ara, Liberation and National.) are made by British American Tobacco so I presume so.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"Do the cig makers here use all or many of the same added toxic adulterants...?"

I don't know about that but the plantations here spray their plants heavily with systemic insecticides'.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO PLC ADS Common Stock
LON: BATS - 25 Jan, 5:11 PM GMT
4,886.34GBXPrice increase86.34 (1.80%)

Open
High
Low
Mkt cap
91.10B

That's some expensive stock. & with a mkt. cap of only 91Billion.
FB by example around $131 pwer share. w/mkt cap 380 Billion.
BTI debt equity ratio 3.31. FB "0". & 25 billion in cash.

Selfies or cigs? ^ 2 u
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

No change in tobacco death toll despite efforts
2 October 2018
Some seven million smokers die of tobacco-related illnesses each year. Another 600,000 die from inhaling second-hand smoke. Of these figures, 10,000 are Cambodians.

The figures are from a report entitled Corporate Encouragement of Tobacco Sales and Advertising that was presented at the Cambodia-Korea Cooperation Centre (CKCC) yesterday.

Cambodian Movement for Health Organisation executive director Dr Mom Kong who reported the figures, said it accounted for between 30 and 40 Cambodians dying daily from tobacco-related illnesses.

He said a year-on-year study showed that the number of people who died from cigarette-related causes has not changed much.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... te-efforts
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic