Mexico refuses to pay

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Mexico refuses to pay

Post by taabarang »

for the wall Trump has ordered built along the border. See

No surprises there.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Mexico refuses to pay

Post by hanno »

And why would they pay? I saw that Trump is now saying that the American tax payer will cough up the money first and then he'd get the money back from Mexico.....
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"And why would they pay? I saw that Trump is now saying that the American tax payer will cough up the money first and then he'd get the money back from Mexico....."

I can't think of a single reason why they should, in fact I can't see anything but worldwide derision over building the wall. Farmers in the SW of the US will go broke if they can't hire migrant workers.

Americans will foot the bill for this folly? Trump is not only a racist pig he is also completely devoid of style. Maybe Canada will build a wall to keep Americans out.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

could this REALLY be trump goal in building the wall??

The great wall

The walls, together with beacon towers, passes, fortification, etc. created an elaborate defensive system providing Chinese society with a safe and peaceful environment. During the Spring and Autumn Period and Warring States Period, there were many states, so they built separate sections to prevent invasion by other states. Furthermore, states in the northern part of China built some sections to defend against the northern nomadic tribes. In the Qin Dynasty, the Wall was mainly used to protect the country from nomadic tribes. In the reign of Emperor Wu of Western Han, the Wall played a significant role in protecting the main force as well as being a military base in the wars. Every time the country conquered new territory, the Wall would be extended, so that the local military force would be strengthened. With the help of the Great Wall, the Han Dynasty conquered more and more regions in northwestern China. In the Ming Dynasty, General Qi Jiguang reinforced the sections from Shanhaiguan Pass to Juyongguan Pass by building many watch towers and then trained army based on local landform to defeat invasions.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"the Wall played a significant role in protecting the main force as well as being a military base in the wars. "

Nope, not in the days of air forces and missiles, not to mention nuclear weapons. It worked then but no longer. Highly unlikely any land force south of the border would even consider a land invasion.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I heard on the grape vine that the General is going to build a wall to stop K440 members crossing over to CEO ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

It should be along the Mason Dixon line :D

I am one of the least likely people to agree with Donald Trump. But we do agree on the need to build a wall. We differ only on its placement.

Mr. Trump thinks it should go on the Mexican border, while I favor the Mason-Dixon Line. And, if I had my way, the public officials in Texas, Mississippi, North Carolina, etc. would pay for the wall.

E.J. STRASSBURGER
Squirrel Hill
http://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/let ... 1605140084

Congresswoman Melissa Hart speculates that there are 100,000-200,000 illegal aliens in Pennsylvania. Which is a big problem, since few of them would likely vote Republican if they were offered amnesty and eventually became naturalized citizens.

Despite this threat to the balance of political power in Pennsylvania, Hart has not yet been able to secure funding for the "Great Wall of Pennsylvania" along the Mason-Dixon Line.
http://scottro.blogspot.com/2006/07/dan ... ts-in.html
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Duncan wrote:I heard on the grape vine that the General is going to build a wall to stop K440 members crossing over to CEO ?
Actually, there's a bounty on them. Let us know if you see any. We'll exterminate on sight - selectively.

So, where you been Duncan? Kia Ora and all that stuff :beer3:
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

walls can keep people in as well as keep people out.

infrastructure spending is a classic way to stimulate a flagging economy.

rail would be a great thing for spending, but the gov cannot do this, as rail is private enterprise.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic