Bad landing at Siem Reap airport this morning.

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 17831
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 524
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Bad landing at Siem Reap airport this morning.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:06 pm

Angkor Sky flight ZA484 reportedly blew out four tyres on landing in Siem Reap airport early this morning. The plane was on a direct flight from Wuhan, China with 122 passengers aboard. The incident was due to a technical problem where the brakes did not release. No one was injured.
Source: Kooon Khmer
Image
Image
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Luigi
Expatriate
Posts: 1961
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:12 pm
Reputation: 107

Re: Bad landing at Siem Reap airport this morning.

Post by Luigi » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:34 pm

Brakes failed story again eh? Motos, tuk tuks, cars, truck, trains and now planes. How bout ships? have I left any conveyance out?
Seems to be an Asian theme.

Did the pilots run away?
User avatar
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Posts: 2311
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 am
Reputation: 280
Location: Sihanoukville
Korea North

Re: Bad landing at Siem Reap airport this morning.

Post by cptrelentless » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:41 pm

Now there's 122 Chinese people who are not coming back to Cambodia again.
User avatar
IraHayes
Expatriate
Posts: 579
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 7:38 am
Reputation: 140
Marshall Islands

Re: Bad landing at Siem Reap airport this morning.

Post by IraHayes » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:07 pm

About 7 years ago i had a very interesting conversation with a technician who serviced planes and he told me that the reason i had flown on an old Thai airways jet to go to Bangkok was because that plane was leased by AirAsia since the aviation authorities would not allow AirAsia planes to fly into their airspace. The reason was because their maintenance schedules didnt meet their strict requirements.
Raybull
Expatriate
Posts: 1199
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:54 am
Reputation: 10

Re: Bad landing at Siem Reap airport this morning.

Post by Raybull » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:39 pm

IraHayes wrote:About 7 years ago i had a very interesting conversation with a technician who serviced planes and he told me that the reason i had flown on an old Thai airways jet to go to Bangkok was because that plane was leased by AirAsia since the aviation authorities would not allow AirAsia planes to fly into their airspace. The reason was because their maintenance schedules didnt meet their strict requirements.
Funny, cause Thai Airways is known for terrible maintenance aswell.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 1:17 am
Reputation: 30

Re: Bad landing at Siem Reap airport this morning.

Post by rogerrabbit » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:59 pm

Raybull wrote:
IraHayes wrote:About 7 years ago i had a very interesting conversation with a technician who serviced planes and he told me that the reason i had flown on an old Thai airways jet to go to Bangkok was because that plane was leased by AirAsia since the aviation authorities would not allow AirAsia planes to fly into their airspace. The reason was because their maintenance schedules didnt meet their strict requirements.
Funny, cause Thai Airways is known for terrible maintenance aswell.
Yep. And Thailand has been in trouble with IATA for years now with regulatory and safety practices. And most flights going to/from Thailand are run by Thai AirAsia which is under Thai aviation regulators. So it doesn't really sound legit.
Whatsupdoc
Expatriate
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:49 am
Reputation: 7
Cambodia

Re: Bad landing at Siem Reap airport this morning.

Post by Whatsupdoc » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:03 pm

cptrelentless wrote:Now there's 122 Chinese people who are not coming back to Cambodia again.
Worse case scenario, maybe they don't want to leave Cambodia and we're stuck with them. :dragonchase:
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king - Erasmus
User avatar
bolueeleh
Expatriate
Posts: 4440
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:39 am
Reputation: 792
Location: anywhere with cheap bonks

Re: Bad landing at Siem Reap airport this morning.

Post by bolueeleh » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:18 pm

any landing with no fatalities is a good landing
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BTB, errolflynn, hame, Majestic-12 [Bot], paul2d and 314 guests