where to report a crime

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: where to report a crime

Post by Bertros »

zmth wrote:
Bertros wrote:this has to be a wind up...right?
so you'll pay $300 to see someone punished for stealing $400?
What sort of computer only gets $27 at the pawn shop?
my flip phone is worth more than that.

things that make you go ummm....

I hope your elementary school teachers have all been fired. your grammar is something else. ever hear of a run on sentence?

FCOL

gram·mar
ˈɡramər/
noun
noun: grammar
the whole system and structure of a language or of languages in general, usually taken as consisting of syntax and morphology (including inflections) and sometimes also phonology and semantics.
synonyms:
syntax, sentence structure, rules of language, morphology; linguistics
"the editors of this newspaper need a refresher course in grammar"
a particular analysis of the system and structure of language or of a specific language.
a book on grammar.

damn funny stuff though. you should start a travel blog.
any chance you have a picture of the fine young ladies?

maybe get a screen grab from the video and post it here.

$27 for laptop had two keytops missing though i doubt any laptop taken to a pawn shop gets much more than that and just because you think your flip fone is worth more does not mean you will get anywhere near that from pawn shop.
Could not get a picture of the ladies because the manager/owner of the guesthouse did not know how to copy the footage to my usb.
Grammar i mostly learned in high school not elementary. You can believe or not but I won the trophy for the highest male grade point average in high school 3 years in a row grades 9,10,11 with class sizes averaging around 200 pupils.
Though in recent years have become somewhat senile and forgetful and mostly lazy- of course have heard of run on sentence. Like nobody else who posts on this board uses poor grammar ?

Not.

Bertros :hattip:
Last edited by Bertros on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by zmth »

frank lee bent wrote:how did you know which pawn shop to go to so quickly?
maybe script writing would be better as a life choice.
Yea that is kind of strange. But around nearly mid - night or so that same day the main girl approached me as i walked past Pontoon and I was not even real sure just from the looks that even she was the same one so asked her and found out it was.
Also at that time I did not even know my laptop had been stolen until she mentioned that the other girl took it. Anyway she then said do I want to go to the pawn shop and get it - would cost me $50. Of course out of curiosity I wanted to see it so we walked over there. This girl I am sure had another scam regarding that as while at the pawn shop she said I have to pay the attendant, who I think did not speak English, first before I could even see the lap top. Of course i did not and in fact did not even have $50 on me at that time. I tried to remember the name and where it was and I must say had a real problem as there are several pawnshops around that same area that look also very similar in their set up of cell phones on the counter. Anyway I walked later by myself back and forth around that area getting lost and trying to figure out exactly which one it was. Perhaps some luck I finally found it and fortunately later, unlike when I was with the girl, this time the owner man was the attendant and did speak enough English. Went round and round with he saying he has to have the ticket from the person who brought it etc and I saying it was stolen from me. Anyway won't go into all that detail though next afternoon did finally convince him to release it to me. I think that was one or both of the girls undoing because I believe in talking to the guesthouse manager who also called the pawn shop owner on the phone on my behalf it seems that pawn shops don't give the person who brings merchandise in the money immediately but there is a waiting period perhaps to see if the item is stolen or go through a police check or whatever- so i don't think the girls got any money for it though the pawn shop owner was not going to let me take it away for free in any event.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

my friend says that girl may be named Srey Mom from Kampong Cham
he is sitting right here with me now.
skinny and twitchy with dirty hair?
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by zmth »

and yes oddly enough that pawn shop and some others are open at that time like even 1 to 2 am in the morning - in fact during the few minutes I was first there with the girl there were several customers who came up paying interest on their accounts.
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by zmth »

frank lee bent wrote:my friend says that girl may be named Srey Mom from Kampong Cham
he is sitting right here with me now.
skinny and twitchy with dirty hair?
She was rather thin but she gave me the name ' Anna' which means nothing I assume fake - i don't remember especially any dirty hair though it could be and she is always walking and hanging around that area GSM and nearby so it could be. YOu don't mean you think she is sitting right there with you ? I didn't want to act threatining while with the girl in the hopes that may be able to make a surprise attack with an undercover police or somebody who could all the sudden apprehend her.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

no, i referred to my friend as he. are you trying to say one of the girls you were with was a ladyboy?
if it was Ah Na, her accomplice is likely a girl called ah chgout
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

how does someone who openly admits to injecting ketamine get date raped with ketamine to the point where he takes 2 methy sluts home and gets robbed, your having a fucking laugh muck
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

zmth wrote: i don't remember especially any dirty hair though it could be and she is always walking and hanging around that area GSM and nearby so it could be.
doesnt sound methy at all :roll:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by zmth »

frank lee bent wrote:no, i referred to my friend as he. are you trying to say one of the girls you were with was a ladyboy?
if it was Ah Na, her accomplice is likely a girl called ah chgout

No i am pretty sure there was no ladyboy.
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by zmth »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:how does someone who openly admits to injecting ketamine get date raped with ketamine to the point where he takes 2 methy sluts home and gets robbed, your having a fucking laugh muck
I never said i got date raped with ketamine. I said i did NOT do ketamine at that time but it would have been better if i had because then the paranoi would have been there and none of this would have hapenned. I don't know what drug they gave me but it was NOT ketamine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic