More Country Speak

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: More Country Speak

Post by BklynBoy »

thelost wrote:
BklynBoy wrote:
I AM NOT SO SURE... maybe we are over thinking it... its not freaking dancing... no rhythm is involved... let your inhibitions go? please.. they look stupid.. i suppose thats subjective?.. its not dancing!!.. you know who "dances" like that? people who can't dance.. ..
people who do that crap should go back to what they used to do when music came on... become a wallflower. .. maybe sounds harsh but ...

its like a meme
i think everyone have their own interpretation of dancing style and this varies from country to country so what's good in a country may not be good in another country due to differing cultural values, influence, etc etc.

in short, your dancing style/appreciation is american, and that dancing style in the youtube video is cambodian. different world. that's that. there's no right or wrong.

yea, I agree w/ you on that.. .Makes sense...
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Regional Cambodian Dialect/Accent

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

BklynBoy wrote:
epidemiks wrote:
BklynBoy wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
BklynBoy wrote:I agree w/ Lambo.... you better put the words DANCING and STYLE in quotes.. . where is the rhythm? wtf is that ? maybe i sound like a snob but thats not dancing to me... looks like some corny harlem shake bshit that fraternity guys were doing a year or 2 ago.. funny cause this is the real harlem shake

thats exactly what fascinated me the first time i went to a khmer club with my ex 5 year ago,
we used to go every night and i was mesmerised by their dancing
it was so unorthodox, is the word i would use
the dancing is off beat, and completely random
you couldnt dance like that anywhere else in the world
and its not dancing that is easy to do either,
you just really have to let go of your inhibitions and take away the factor you probably look like a complete idiot lol

i love it
:dm:
I AM NOT SO SURE... maybe we are over thinking it... its not freaking dancing... no rhythm is involved... let your inhibitions go? please.. they look stupid.. i suppose thats subjective?.. its not dancing!!.. you know who "dances" like that? people who can't dance.. ..
people who do that crap should go back to what they used to do when music came on... become a wallflower. .. maybe sounds harsh but ...

its like a meme
Americans and their perceived dancing prowess.. So feel free to post a video of yourself doing some fashionable east coast dance of the week, and we'll be the judge of whether or not you look like a fuckwit.

it doesn't have to be " east coast" dancing..and i understand what your saying...i just don't think u can call that dancing... i guess dancing is like art? its subjective?? .. or maybe if the person doing it says they are dancing so that means they are dancing??
dancing is art, its an expression of emotion, who is the one to judge?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: More Country Speak

Post by BklynBoy »

i suppose your right. Eloquently put
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic