Two Italian men arrested for disrespecting the Thai flag.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The original video, that went viral after being posted on social media, shows two foreign men ripping down and trampling all over several Thai National flags at a shopping area in Krabi. The Thai online communities were outraged and police were quick to set up a man hunt in order the catch the culprits.

Well impressively, it took less than 2 days for police to track down the two guys and bring them in for sentencing. No names have been given yet, but we do know that they are Italian Nationals, one aged 20 years old, and the other, 18.

They have been slammed on social media, being called just about every name under the sun, and being warned by several people to be very careful when travelling anywhere within Thailand. Over 336,000 people viewed the original video and over 770 comments were made.

A new video has been released as well as pictures of the two culprits in police custody. They were filmed making an apology in the video it shows them wai before saying, “We are really sorry about that, we didn’t mean it at all. We are from another country. In our country, the flag isn’t so important. We were really, really drunk. We like the Thai people, we like the Thai country, we like everything but we didn’t know about that law. We just want to say that we’re really, really sorry. Khor thot krub.” ...
http://pattayaone.news/en/two-italians- ... bi-update/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Fucking morons.
Why would anyone do this??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Two Italian men arrested for disrespecting the Thai flag.

Post by hanno »

Fucking morons indeed. I mean, you are supposed to be stupid when young, but it was obvious this was going to piss off every Thai.

Jail sentence not exceeding two years which, incidentally, is the same punishment as in Italy...
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: We are from another country. In our country, the flag isn’t so important.
Bullshit "In Italy, desecration of any Italian or foreign nation's national flag is also prohibited by law and punished with fines between €1,000 and €10,000 for verbal desecration and with reclusion up to two years for physical damage or destruction."

Two videos of them tearing down the flags here (starts about 00:45 or so in each video) http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crime/1 ... -thai-flag
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Two Italian men arrested for disrespecting the Thai flag.

Post by General Mackevili »

Kuroneko wrote:
Bullshit "In Italy, desecration of any Italian or foreign nation's national flag is also prohibited by law and punished with fines between €1,000 and €10,000 for verbal desecration and with reclusion up to two years for physical damage or destruction."
Them savages need FREEDOM. America will come liberate them.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I wonder how other Italians will feel to hear their flag isn't important either. What a couple of muppets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

I don't think they are important at all. I spent my university years when Americans set fire to them, shit on them and omygod used them for intimate undies. Inspite of these travesties I had a full and meaningful life. Your righteous indignation over two immature drunken males is hilarious.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

taabarang wrote:I don't think they are important at all. I spent my university years when Americans set fire to them, shit on them and omygod used them for intimate undies. Inspite of these travesties I had a full and meaningful life. Your righteous indignation over two immature drunken males is hilarious.
Not every country has a 1st amendment and it is particularly stupid to do this in LOS with the current political climate.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

hanno wrote:
taabarang wrote:I don't think they are important at all. I spent my university years when Americans set fire to them, shit on them and omygod used them for intimate undies. Inspite of these travesties I had a full and meaningful life. Your righteous indignation over two immature drunken males is hilarious.
Not every country has a 1st amendment and it is particularly stupid to do this in LOS with the current political climate.
Thank god America has the bill of rights
Freedom of Speech, Press, Religion and Petition

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
I do recall a few times watching our flag burn

These guys were really stupid, immature, but thats kids for ya
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

how do you say rectal prolapse in italian?
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic