Bodyguards

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Re: Bodyguards

Post by LaudJohn »

Contact Steve Moorish and his footy mates....
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

For Hire:
Experienced bodyguard available for immediate start.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

vladimir wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
vladimir wrote:I saw a gecko eat a mosquito tonight if anyone's interested.
: popcorn: Was it a big mosquito?
It was wearing a suit.
Fascinating! And then?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

LaudJohn wrote:Contact Steve Moorish and his footy mates....
Rumour on the street is he's looking for work now!
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Maybe KIR could employ him as a bodyguard?
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

When I first started to read Cambodian Web Sites (3 yrs ago) I think I read about buying a "General" for $50/mo, on retainer, to act like a "get-out-of-jail-free" card.

Does this service still exist ? (if it ever did) How much "clout" is necessary to command respect from the Police ? ... Thugs ?

Does waving around a Business Card act like a Shield ? :?

For instance if I knew, say, ... the President of the "Canadian Red Cross" would a letter of introduction from them to the Cambodian RC allow a connection the CRC ?

Or joining the Canadian Press Club be similar ? :)
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

Milord wrote:When I first started to read Cambodian Web Sites (3 yrs ago) I think I read about buying a "General" for $50/mo, on retainer, to act like a "get-out-of-jail-free" card.

Does this service still exist ? (if it ever did) How much "clout" is necessary to command respect from the Police ? ... Thugs ?

For instance if I knew, say, ... the President of the "Canadian Red Cross" would a letter of introduction from them to the Cambodian RC allow a connection the CRC ?

A very interesting question, I am looking forward to the responses to this one
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

Here's an example:
Saw an exciting standoff between a tuktuk driver and his cop, vs hostel owner and his military officer. Made for interesting breakfast drama
4000islandsguy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by 4000islandsguy »

I'm a west side certified OG. Give me a chirp dawg meantime I be out movin' chickens to the jects, yo! Give me a holla.
ryoon
Expatriate

Post by ryoon »

Milord wrote:When I first started to read Cambodian Web Sites (3 yrs ago) I think I read about buying a "General" for $50/mo, on retainer, to act like a "get-out-of-jail-free" card.

I think that you are daydreaming on this one, at least for the general pat at 50$/mo should be way more expensive than this.
Normal stuff they will send you home not in jail, and the stuff they will send you in jail for are pretty serious ( like opening a topless bar). The free jail card should be a four zero figure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic