At least 5 dead in Ft. Lauderdale airport shooting

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: At least 5 dead in Ft. Lauderdale airport shooting

Post by hanno »

Anchor Moy wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:HE ONLY checked in his hard shell gun case, as Alaska has many hunters, this is not uncommon, but it is uncommon and should have raised flags as that was the ONLY checked luggage he had.
Regardless of what they tell you and no matter where you are, Your not really safe
How many red flags do they need ?
Witnesses said the gunman was involved in an altercation during the flight, but the incident was not serious enough for him to be stopped when the plane landed.
To sum up, an obviously disturbed man, recently released (or self-released) from psychiatric treatment, who was known to the FBI, an ex-Iraq US military guy with a history of domestic violence, gets on a plane with a gun as his only checked luggage, creates a disturbance on the flight, and then ... surprise, he's a psycho-killer.

Didn't ring any bells or raise any flags ? What do they need, a freaking foghorn ?
Common sense ?
I am sure if his name had been Mohamed, he would not even have boarded the plane.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"I am sure if his name had been Mohamed, he would not even have boarded the plane."

Only if his last name were Ali.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The FBI and police in Alaska had firsthand knowledge that Santiago was seriously disturbed mentally, and possibly a danger to himself or others. (Hearing voices is not a good sign.) Unfortunately the authorities did not intervene when they might have done. Presumably he was released without condition.
The suspected gunman who shot and killed five people at a Florida airport with a weapon collected from his checked baggage was reportedly an Iraq war veteran known to the US authorities.

Eight more people were injured in the mass shooting, after which a suspect identified in reports as Esteban Santiago, 26, was taken into custody without any further shots being fired...

A law enforcement official told the Associated Press that Santiago had walked into the FBI office in Anchorage in November to say that the US government was controlling his mind and making him watch Islamic State videos.

Agents questioned an agitated and disjointed-sounding Santiago and then called police, who took him for a mental health evaluation, according to the official, who was not authorised to discuss the case and spoke on condition of anonymity.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ng-florida
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic