Happy New Year

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Happy New Year

Post by snookieboi »

2000rielpineapples wrote:
snookieboi wrote:
Luigi wrote:Saw a 37.5 us cents beer place the other day. Actually more than two. Last year.
You know 'Bia Hoi', is the cheepest beer you can buy. Maybe trapper should move to Vietnam. :popcorn:
bia hoi tastes like garbage dump juice, saigon beer is better.

Garbage junk juice is too good for you. Stop your wingeing and make some positive contributions in the world of chesapscate living, and post you real life results here, but not your moans. You boring too mut. :hattip:
More than just any old backpacker.
2000rielpineapples
Expatriate

Post by 2000rielpineapples »

snookieboi wrote:
snookieboi wrote:
Luigi wrote:Saw a 37.5 us cents beer place the other day. Actually more than two. Last year.
You know 'Bia Hoi', is the cheepest beer you can buy. Maybe trapper should move to Vietnam. :popcorn:
bia hoi tastes like garbage dump juice, saigon beer is better.

Garbage junk juice is too good for you. Stop your wingeing and make some positive contributions in the world of chesapscate living, and post you real life results here, but not your moans. You boring too mut. :hattip:
If your too much of a tight arse in Cambodia you will be chasing your tale and spending more than saving.
example i was a tight arse and tryed to save a buck by living in a dorm, but then the scab trashpackers/soap dodgers stole me weed and phone charger.
Another example is eating cheap khmer food, every one knows its really just human fuel/ gruel that you need to eat 5 times a day to stay nourished rather than 3 good western meals saving sweet fuck all and force feeding your self vile horrid food.
then there's shit fucked alcohol like ganzberb and mekong than will ruin the next day of tour life after consuption to save a few thousand reil.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Some things never change, regardless of the year, although maybe 2krp is smartening up a bit! I'm almost tempted to invite him over for a bottle of wine and some home made chilli tonite after that last post of his! :pardon:
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Luigi wrote:Sorry. I thought we were discussing the price of pineapples.
anything over 2000 riel and your getting scammed big time.
Cut and ready to eat?? :stir:
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

frank lee bent wrote:Getting in early is a virtue.
As is coming early. :twisted:
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

2000rielpineapples wrote: If your too much of a tight arse in Cambodia you will be chasing your tale and spending more than saving.
example i was a tight arse and tryed to save a buck by living in a dorm, but then the scab trashpackers/soap dodgers stole me weed and phone charger.
Another example is eating cheap khmer food, every one knows its really just human fuel/ gruel that you need to eat 5 times a day to stay nourished rather than 3 good western meals saving sweet fuck all and force feeding your self vile horrid food.
then there's shit fucked alcohol like ganzberb and mekong than will ruin the next day of tour life after consuption to save a few thousand reil.
2KRP

You're doing it wrong if you stayed in one of those dorm places, You could have rented a spare room somewhere, and cooked your own meals. In reference to booze, there's discount stores selling beer pretty cheap, and of course its better to splurge a bit more on Whisky.

I'm surprised to see some kinda wisdom though, i mean at least you are LEARNING that there is indeed a SKILL to acquire if you want to live both cheaply and remain in good health. Are you now accepting more the advice that many others have given you, or are you still an angry and defiant 'one man band' ? :protest:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

2000rielpineapples wrote: Another example is eating cheap khmer food, that you need to eat 5 times a day to stay nourished rather than 3 good western meals saving sweet fuck all and force feeding your self vile horrid food.
dont understand your logic here

5 x 5000r = $6.25 per day, $43.75 per week, $175 per month
3 x $5 = $15 per day, $105 per week, $420 per month
:facepalm:
maths is obviously not your strong points, if im trying to save money id rather have 5 meals spending only $6.25 than only eating 3 more expensive meals which total over double the other figure...

if you know where to go you can get some really good cheap local food, there is a great spicy noodle joint in PP few doors down from Kiwi mart on 136/19 that do great spicy mixed meat noodles for 5000r, its packed out every day, i eat there every day,
in Sihanoukville i go to the night market (open 24h) and get some really good pork and rice, rice is a full separate tray and a tray full of pork 5000r, great grub
you can go to the khmer beer gardens too and get great quality food at very cheap local prices
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

I used to love getting the red and crispy pork from the carts in PP. You know, the tasty barbequed one Chinese Style cut and served with sweet sauce and cucumber. That is lots of protein and very cheap.

And dont start me on the delicious Thai equivalent. :wink:

rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Happy new year everyone :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic