Seeking Work

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
jadeface
Expatriate

Seeking Work

Post by jadeface »

I am a Canadian, I have spent 2 of the last six years in Cambodia and I would like to live there permanently. I have experience managing two guest houses and I have training as an Emergency Medical Responder done in Canada. I can be a valuable asset to any business. All I am looking for is a place to live, enough to eat and some extra spending money. I can't speak Khmer but I would love the opportunity to learn it. If anyone can help or just spread the word, I would very gladly apreciate it and would be willing to return the favour. Best Regards to All, Robert Wilson
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: Seeking Work

Post by Raybull »

Every large city has a 'jobs and employment' fb page. I would start there.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Even SHV has one!
jadeface
Expatriate

Post by jadeface »

Will do next to anything for work. Previous work experince was managing a bar and two guest houses. One of which is still around in Kampot. My Client relations skills are top notch. Awesome advice, thanks everyone.
Last edited by jadeface on Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
aussieguy100
Expatriate

Post by aussieguy100 »

I would think there may be a business in being an emergency medical 'advisor' on call to guesthouses, bars, hotels etc.
Often people get burnt, break bones, get unconscious from drinking etc. It would be good to have a properly trained person on call rather than having to take a patient to an uncertain fate at Calmette hospital.
You could charge either a monthly retainer or for each callout.
There is also some work as relief manager for barang-owned businesses but you'd have to get to know the local scene a bit to find out about those jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Khmer doctors are being paid $800-$1200. (From local recruiting agency.). Just as a ballpark figure.
jadeface
Expatriate

Post by jadeface »

I really appreciate the suggestions. I agree I need to be in country to speak to businesses. I just need to spread the word. Anything is better than freezing in Canada right now. Thanks to all with your ideas and wisdom, RW
jadeface
Expatriate

Post by jadeface »

I'm coming in January 30, willing to do any work, work hard and be respectful and honest. If you or someone you know, needs an english speaker, let me know. All the best to ALL. Rob
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic