14yo selling fake crystal meth found not guilty of drug trafficking.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

14yo selling fake crystal meth found not guilty of drug trafficking.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Fake Drug in Crystal Meth Bust

A 14-year-old suspected drug trafficker has had his charges dropped after the crystal meth buyers thought they were getting turned out to be fake.
Police seized 2.89 grams of the suspected drug, which turned out to be the domestic chemical sachchour, or white alums.

Phnom Penh Municipal Court judge E. Thavireak said the accused was an orphan living with his 84-year-old grandmother in Teuk Laak commune in Phnom Penh.

The judge said the youth was arrested by police at Phsar Deumkor market in Tuol Kork district and police seized seven packages of suspected crystal meth from him. But analysis showed the substance to be white alums.

In court yesterday, the youth denied dealing drugs, but admitted he had been selling white alums.

He said he was hired by a woman named Chan Than to sell white alums for her. One package of white alum sold for between 20,000 riel (about $5) and 40,000 riel. Ms. Than paid him between 5,000 and 10,000 riel for each package sold.

He said that before his arrest, he sold white alums eight times to buyers in Phnom Penh.

“I would like to confess that I was a drug user but was not a drug trafficker,” he told the court.

“The reason I decided to sell white alums was because I needed money to pay for the treatment of my grandmother’s disease and to support myself,” he added.

Deputy prosecutor Soeng Vireak said: “He cheated drug users, but because the alum is not classified as drug he is not guilty.”

http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/32837/ ... meth-bust/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Re: 14yo selling fake crystal meth found not guilty of drug trafficking.

Post by boozyoldman »

At least one person caught selling fake marijuana (oregano) by the Thames Valley Police at the Reading Festival
was charged with offering a fraudulent (falsely described) product
under the Trades Description Act.

Throw the book at this Artful Dodger - otherwise visitors trying to overdose in Phnom Penh guesthouses will survive the experience!
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

I would have thought he would have gotten into trouble once someone tried to smoke or inject the stuff.
I would imagine (although I have no idea) it wouldn't do a body any good and quite possibly harm the person greatly
once ingested.

curious,

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Contrary to the report above,the same 14yo boy has been charged with drug trafficking and sentenced to 20 months in jail.

Although he is technically a juvenile offender, the boy has been tried and sentenced as an adult. Despite the fact that he is a minor addict who was selling false drugs, he has been sent to jail instead of being treated for his addiction. The boy's 84 yo grandmother, who relies on his support, will be left to fend for herself while her grandson is in prison.
None of this seems to have been taken into account by the judge before sentencing. The boy is a poor orphan with no family to assist him financially.

Fake Drugs Boy Jailed
Thursday, 29 December 2016
A 14-year-old boy was convicted yesterday of trafficking drugs despite tests showing what he sold was a harmless domestic chemical.

Phnom Penh Municipal Court sentenced the boy to one year and eight months in prison for selling 2.89 grams of white alums to fellow drug users in Phnom Penh City.

Court presiding judge Y Thavireak said that even though the boy was not selling drugs, he had criminal intent to cheat drug users.
“Therefore, the court decided to sentence him to a year and eight months in prison,” he said.

Police arrested the boy at Phsar Deumkor market in Tuol Kork district in August, seizing seven packages of suspected crystal methamphetamine weighted 2.89 grams. But tests showed the substance to be white alums.
Under the law white alum is not classified as a drug.

The orphan, living with his 84-year-old grandmother in Tuol Kork district’s Teuk Laak commune, was charged with drug trafficking.
He said yesterday that he had lodged an appeal...

http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/33729/ ... oy-jailed/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

At least it wasn't fake rice
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

"Yesterday he said that he had lodged an appeal"

a fake appeal the cheating bastard
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Bertros wrote:I would have thought he would have gotten into trouble once someone tried to smoke or inject the stuff.
I would imagine (although I have no idea) it wouldn't do a body any good and quite possibly harm the person greatly
once ingested.

curious,

Well I believe it was/is used in a vaginal douche. Massingill Powder brand name for one.

It shrinks mucous membranes.
Booting it is prolly not a good idea. Insuffelation prolly gonna make you go shit. Quick like .IDK
:hattip:
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

Luigi wrote:
Bertros wrote:I would have thought he would have gotten into trouble once someone tried to smoke or inject the stuff.
once ingested.

curious,

Well I believe it was/is used in a vaginal douche. Massingill Powder brand name for one.

It shrinks mucous membranes.
Booting it is prolly not a good idea. Insuffelation prolly gonna make you go shit. Quick like .IDK
:hattip:
and now I know more than I did yesterday!

Thx Luigi!

Cheers

A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic