Churro cart

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Churro cart

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I haven't been in that area in ages, but stopped by a Churro cart today as I'd never seen one here before. He'll, they're kind of hard to find where I come from! Cambodia isn't exactly California so I was surprised to see people selling some here. Tasted ok (can't really remember what they're supposed to taste like). Came with a nice little Churro holder and a small cup of sauce as well. It's on St.63 a few blocks north of Mao Tsé Tung.

Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Re: Churro cart

Post by Hotdigr »

LOL, about 20 years ago, my old man (ever the entrepreneur), after a trip to Spain, decided that Churro's were going to be Australia's next big thing. He bought the carts and cooking equipment, bought a "run" at Dreamworld and one at Movieworld, hired some staff and away he went. Unfortunately he was about 15 years to early and it all went tits up! Now I believe they sell like hotcakes ( pun there Vlad, I don't make many!) in loads of places in Oz :facepalm:
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

Great name! "Bony Churros". Doesn't make them more appealing to me though. Maybe they should setup near Salt Lounge?
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

chkwoot wrote:Great name! "Bony Churros". Doesn't make them more appealing to me though. Maybe they should setup near Salt Lounge?
:lol:

Wait for the Scots version:

Bonny bony churros.

Indian version:

Bony churras
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Or the Japanese version Koni Churro
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
max
Tourist

Post by max »

That's progress.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic