Honda Wave vs. Honda Dream....

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: Honda Wave vs. Honda Dream....

Post by juansweetpotato »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Raybull wrote:^heard so.
i dont mind driving down, but i have a huge suitcase, so my options would probably be wack my luggage on a bus and pick them up when the bus arrives or take the bike and luggage on a train

thats if i buy one here now, over the next couple of days,
otherwise it wont be a problem
The buses that leave near central market, Sorya I think, allow you take a moto on the bus. I think it was $5 last time I did it. Book it a day or two before you go though. And yes, the train takes bikes too. Never done it though. The bus is no hassle at all.

One of the easiest ways to check the engine out is to run your finger around the inside of the (cold) exhaust. If it comes out dry and fairly clean, it should be good. If it comes out oily and black, you'll need the top end at least rebuilt and I would suggest not to buy it as it could well be indicative of a fucked engine all round. The first thing most Khmers do is disable the tachometer as soon as they buy a bike, so don't ever go on that.
Last edited by juansweetpotato on Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Raybull wrote:
frank lee bent wrote:i have a 2006 honda dream for sale in shv in great condition.
paid $1k for it a month ago.
GF is quite sick and need to sell it quick.PM if interested.
Khmers aren't kidding when they say dreams hold their value well. Hell a Dream was probably not much more than 1000$ new ten years ago.
Very true, and another reason to buy Honda. Thai over Vietnam. Japan being the best, but way more expensive. If you have a Japanese Honda Wave or Dream, you can sell it in under 5 minutes.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Can load it all on the train or side down and ship stuff via Capitol.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

juansweetpotato wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Raybull wrote:^heard so.
i dont mind driving down, but i have a huge suitcase, so my options would probably be wack my luggage on a bus and pick them up when the bus arrives or take the bike and luggage on a train

thats if i buy one here now, over the next couple of days,
otherwise it wont be a problem
The buses that leave near central market, Sorya I think, allow you take a moto on the bus. I think it was $5 last time I did it. Book it a day or two before you go though. And yes, the train takes bikes too. Never done it though. The bus is no hassle at all.

One of the easiest ways to check the engine out is to run your finger around the inside of the (cold) exhaust. If it comes out dry and fairly clean, it should be good. If it comes out oily and black, you'll need the top end at least rebuilt and I would suggest not to buy it as it could well be indicative of a fucked engine all round. The first thing most Khmers do is disable the tachometer as soon as they buy a bike, so don't ever go on that.
:thumb:
yeah i know Sorya 136, its the bus company i always use, got a loyalty card 10rides get 1 free lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic