Welding/Fabrication & handyman services Cambodia

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Ras
Tourist

Welding/Fabrication & handyman services Cambodia

Post by Ras »

G'day everyone

I've just started a welding/fabrication and handyman services in Sen sok, Cambodia,

I've been in the metal industry for over 12 years, have experience in Mining, oil & gas, transport (big semi trailers), structural steel, food, repairs, maintenance, and shutdowns,

I can build metal fencing, wood fencing, deckings, patios, sheds, some concreting, I am not limited to just steel so feel free to ask me for your job requirements,

I am setup to weld tig stainless steel, tig Aluminum, tig carbon steel, stick weld stainless and steel, pipe welding, structural steel welding, just message me and I will get back to you.

Michael
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Re: Welding/Fabrication & handyman services Cambodia

Post by OKW »

Hello Michael, hope it will get off the ground and make a living for you. I always liked working with metal. The shops I have seen in SR had plenty of material, few tools and tried their best. Workmanship wasn't of top quality. There is only one, bit further out of the city, that is very tidy and does good work.
In Cambodia there is need for this type of work and more and more they will have to go for quality.
There is a German guy in Siem Reap who repairs bikes, motorbikes, tour trailers and quads. Anything, really. Does good work and trains young locals along the way. His training is well noted and possibly generates extra income one way or another. He, like you is trained and qualified and displays the approprite certificates. I am just throwing this in as an idea. The young locals are eager, and really help him. They are not ot just in his way as so often happens. Best of luck, it can be done.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Are you taking very small projects ?
I have a nice polished metal desk lamp of which I broke the bulb protective 1/3 of a sphere glass. the glass was attached to a metal base screwing on the lamp.
I was thinking it might get repaired by welding a new metal part to replace the former glass.
If such a project is of any interest to you, I can make more explicit pictures to post here.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

best of luck with the new venture.
you may like to try posting on facebook groups as well.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Sometimes I am amazed at the skills [ and stupidity ] of the welders in some of the motor repair shops here. I have seen them welding broken pistons and cylinder sleave liners of truck engines, and also worn out or broken teeth on a gear .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Ras
Tourist

Post by Ras »

OKW wrote:Hello Michael, hope it will get off the ground and make a living for you. I always liked working with metal. The shops I have seen in SR had plenty of material, few tools and tried their best. Workmanship wasn't of top quality. There is only one, bit further out of the city, that is very tidy and does good work.
In Cambodia there is need for this type of work and more and more they will have to go for quality.
There is a German guy in Siem Reap who repairs bikes, motorbikes, tour trailers and quads. Anything, really. Does good work and trains young locals along the way. His training is well noted and possibly generates extra income one way or another. He, like you is trained and qualified and displays the approprite certificates. I am just throwing this in as an idea. The young locals are eager, and really help him. They are not ot just in his way as so often happens. Best of luck, it can be done.
I was actually starting in SR but decided more opportunities in PP so moved here overnight, I only know of the Iron workshop which I never got to see but I drove past a few times, I definately will help the locals to learn the trade, As most tradies here they never had training at college but learn on the job over the years tacking fences and roofing and they ask me how long did you train for, I tell them almost 4 years and after 4 years in Australia you pretty much are still a novice in the steel game, It takes many years and probably a lifetime to learn this trade and pretty much why the lack off skills and quality in this unfortunate country,

Thanks for your ideas I will take them onboard and try my best to bring some Australian standards here.

Michael
Ras
Tourist

Post by Ras »

Barang_doa_slae wrote:Are you taking very small projects ?
I have a nice polished metal desk lamp of which I broke the bulb protective 1/3 of a sphere glass. the glass was attached to a metal base screwing on the lamp.
I was thinking it might get repaired by welding a new metal part to replace the former glass.
If such a project is of any interest to you, I can make more explicit pictures to post here.
You can send me a few pictures off the broken bit and I'll tell you what can be done.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

I think I know which Iron workshop you mean. Have been there a couple of times. And I agree, SR is for a visit and PP for business. Same for me. :thumb:
Ras wrote:
OKW wrote:Hello Michael, hope it will get off the ground and make a living for you. I always liked working with metal. The shops I have seen in SR had plenty of material, few tools and tried their best. Workmanship wasn't of top quality. There is only one, bit further out of the city, that is very tidy and does good work.
I was actually starting in SR but decided more opportunities in PP so moved here overnight, I only know of the Iron workshop which I never got to see but I drove past a few times, I definately will help the locals to learn the trade, As most tradies here they never had training at college but learn on the job over the years tacking fences and roofing and they ask me how long did you train for, I tell them almost 4 years and after 4 years in Australia you pretty much are still a novice in the steel game, It takes many years and probably a lifetime to learn this trade and pretty much why the lack off skills and quality in this unfortunate country,

Thanks for your ideas I will take them onboard and try my best to bring some Australian standards here.

Michael
hoksea
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by hoksea »

Hi, i wonder if you're still in Phnom Penh. I am looking to have you work on my project with welding steel and some aluminum. Let me know how could i contact you, can i either have your phone number or other social contacts?
coak
Tourist
Australia

Re: Welding/Fabri work and teaching? Could be on going. [email protected]

Post by coak »

Michael hi , Where in Phnom Penh and need a few staff trained to WELD can You help ? There work to start also. [email protected] Col
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic