3-day Sea Festival to be held in Sihanoukville.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: 3-day Sea Festival to be held in Sihanoukville.

Post by Raybull »

Username Taken wrote:The only activities I've seen at Ochheuteal were students running races on Friday morning, cycling on Saturday morning, and that's all. Can't speak for other beaches or areas around the place, but the tourist influx is closer to 6,000 rather than 600,000. Very quiet/normal at Ochheuteal.
At the guesthouse/hotel there are plenty of rooms available.

Bong Sen was here yesterday, but he didn't have time to join me for a beer at Hotdigr's place. Maybe next time. :beer2:
While the action is mostly elsewhere, it's a far cry from half a million visitors plus viditors they hoped for. And it's organised in a way that people were just drying there cars around the backroads trying to find parking without having to then walk 1.5 km. Hopefuly it's better later today without HE there.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Raybull wrote:
Username Taken wrote:The only activities I've seen at Ochheuteal were students running races on Friday morning, cycling on Saturday morning, and that's all. Can't speak for other beaches or areas around the place, but the tourist influx is closer to 6,000 rather than 600,000. Very quiet/normal at Ochheuteal.

Bong Sen was here yesterday, but he didn't have time to join me for a beer at Hotdigr's place. Maybe next time. :beer2:
While the action is mostly elsewhere, it's a far cry from half a million visitors plus viditors they hoped for. And it's organised in a way that people were just drying there cars around the backroads trying to find parking without having to then walk 1.5 km. Hopefuly it's better later today without HE there.
Isn't it what every khmer holiday is all about ? Enduring countless hours in a car before reaching a crowd ?
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Barang_doa_slae wrote:
Raybull wrote:

Isn't it what every khmer holiday is all about ? Enduring countless hours in a car before reaching a crowd ?
I swear half the people just drive around and around, makes sense in a way, when you can't afford much, the entertainment value that 2000r in gas can provide isn't too bad. (Crap, there was a lot of typos in my earlier post :facepalm: )
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Tov dalèng is the khmer saying for that
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Barang_doa_slae wrote:Tov dalèng is the khmer saying for that
Yes quite aware of that. It's part of my 10000r date strategy. Drive around aimlessly for an hour then eat noodles, then back home.... 8)
Oun tos chi darleng, tos nham kuy teav neng, tos ey tos. Probably doesn't work with the bargirls though!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic