Khmer stuff for cooking

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Khmer stuff for cooking

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

While "teuk" does indeed mean "water" I don't think that's the issue here since OP's wife said,* Fuck all to do with cooking." (I assume "fuck all" is OP's version of her response.) Hence the need to look for idiomatic meanings.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

prahkeitouj wrote:Dteuk means water , ampeul means tamarind. They use tamarind to make sour sauce for cooking.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Just to make you hungry a film making Somlor Machu, the dteuk ampeul is prepared around 09:30 in the film. :D

prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: RE: Re: Khmer stuff for cooking

Post by prahkeitouj »

taabarang wrote:While "teuk" does indeed mean "water" I don't think that's the issue here since OP's wife said,* Fuck all to do with cooking." (I assume "fuck all" is OP's version of her response.) Hence the need to look for idiomatic meanings.
I don't think it is idiom as the topic is stuff for cooking and not his wife interpret like this( not OP's wife). If we say មុខជូរ ( Muk Jour ) source face means unhappy face.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

taabarang wrote:While "teuk" does indeed mean "water" I don't think that's the issue here since OP's wife said,* Fuck all to do with cooking." (I assume "fuck all" is OP's version of her response.) Hence the need to look for idiomatic meanings.
No. The OP didn't say that. The first respondent (popeye) to the OP mentioned the wife.

:hattip:
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: RE: Re: Khmer stuff for cooking

Post by prahkeitouj »

Kuroneko wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:Dteuk means water , ampeul means tamarind. They use tamarind to make sour sauce for cooking.

Just to make you hungry a film making Somlor Machu, the dteuk ampeul is prepared around 09:30 in the film. :D

Yes, that one ! :) I can cook it too. :)

កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

No. The OP didn't say that. The first respondent (popeye) to the OP mentioned the wife.

You are quite correct UT, I did indeed misread the thread. I still stand by the idiom. Consider it an extra or a throw away as you will.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic