Buy a discount maid at Singapore's malls

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Re: Buy a discount maid at Singapore's malls

Post by Satiated Parrot »

They are employed as maids and nannies. Some people apparently get jiggy with them, which is why the ladies of the house tend to prefer that the maids be old scrubbers.

I think they are paid around $600/month, with food etc and health insurance on top. The government also charges around $400 a month in taxes on top.

And no, Vladimir, I don't have one.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Satiated Parrot wrote: Some people apparently get jiggy with them, which is why the ladies of the house tend to prefer that the maids be old scrubbers.
Careful with your phrasing, some folk here are likely to get aroused.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Satiated Parrot wrote:
And no, Vladimir, I don't have one.

2 then?

Having a maid is awesome! Ever since I was a kid, my goal in life has been to not have to put away my toys or clean up after myself.

Success should be measured by how much of your busy work other people do for you.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Maid in Cambodia.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Satiated Parrot wrote:And no, Vladimir, I don't have one.
I understand you married a very beautiful filipina. How does she feel about this issue?

I worked with a filipina here years ago who went to Dubai to 'teach' but who told me she was nothing less than hooker, and her husband knew what she was doing. Her story is not uncommon.

She was sending home about 80% of her net income when she was here, I don't know how she survived.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

vladimir wrote:
Satiated Parrot wrote:And no, Vladimir, I don't have one.
I understand you married a very beautiful filipina. How does she feel about this issue?

I worked with a filipina here years ago who went to Dubai to 'teach' but who told me she was nothing less than hooker, and her husband knew what she was doing. Her story is not uncommon.

She was sending home about 80% of her net income when she was here, I don't know how she survived.
You don't really need a maid unless you have kids.

Some maids moonlight as hookers when their employers are away. But, as I said, most of them are scrubbers. Some try to get knocked up by the sons of the family. A horny fifteen year old would probably shag a forty-something.

And btw, she's Indian!

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

MANILA - The Philippines is investigating reports that maids, including Filipinos, are being “put on display” at malls in Singapore.

In a news conference on Monday, the Department of Foreign Affairs’ spokesman Charles Jose said the Philippines “is ready to take all necessary steps to increase the protection of our overseas Filipino workers in Singapore”.

Mr Jose said the Philippine Overseas Labour Office can report the matter to the Singapore police "if reports of maltreatment and abuse are validated".

The Al Jazeera news organisation reported last week that some “maid agencies” were displaying maids from the Philippines, Indonesia and Myanmar in rooms and galleries at malls in Singapore.
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/asia/s ... t5luf.dpuf
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

This practice is not new, Thais have been doing goldfish bowls for years, I don't think filipinas deserve any special treatment, the government's responsibility is to look after its own citizens first, and then visitors.

I do agree the practice is totally humiliating.

@ SP: Indian? Cool!
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Richard: Lucky Mall does have "employment agencies." I didn't see any "fish bowls" but there are agencies with girls setting around. Last year I was looking for a hearing-aid batt. and the company was in Lucky mall, and the company was very hard to find, so I saw every floor accessible to the public. You have to remember, prostitution is legal in Singapore. You got to love a place that has a mall nicknamed "The four floors of whores." (Orchard Towers.)
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Sailorman wrote:Richard: Lucky Mall does have "employment agencies." I didn't see any "fish bowls" but there are agencies with girls setting around. Last year I was looking for a hearing-aid batt. and the company was in Lucky mall, and the company was very hard to find, so I saw every floor accessible to the public. You have to remember, prostitution is legal in Singapore. You got to love a place that has a mall nicknamed "The four floors of whores." (Orchard Towers.)
Brothels are legal if they're registered, I think. Orchard Towers is mostly hostess bars and freelancers; the freelancers technically aren't doing something legal, but a blind eye is turned. That's my understanding, anyway.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic