Go Fund me - when you die in Cambodia... who pays ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Go Fund me - when you die in Cambodia... who pays ?

Post by frank lee bent »

its a real bargain in global terms
jimsocks
Expatriate

Post by jimsocks »

Im dead. Just burn and spread my ashes here. My bro is my beneficiary. If he wants he can cash out my retirement money.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I don't care what happens to me but please don't post any pics on FB. I don't want that to be the last thing people remember about me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

I forsee a small personnal chinese style cemetery with a sea view and a small but comfortable concrete roofed pergola with a nearby ice box caved in a rock for the comfort of the living souls wishing to pay me a visit.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

cptrelentless wrote:They can torch me at the pagoda. Or leave me lying where I fall. I'll not really give a shit at that point. Surely you can just put the ashes in a jar and have someone take it with them when they're next going back.
Those pagoda cremations can run you up a few quid. You can't just leave corpses lying around, it's a health hazard besides anything else. You can get a simple cremation on a pile of logs though, they are cheap. Paying $40,000 to transport a body half way across the world? That's just a waste of resources, especially if you don't have them and have to borrow the funds.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

As I noted earlier $25(bucks, not quid)at one of our local noisy wats. Slightly more expensive if you don't supply the kindling.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

John Bingham wrote:
cptrelentless wrote:They can torch me at the pagoda. Or leave me lying where I fall. I'll not really give a shit at that point. Surely you can just put the ashes in a jar and have someone take it with them when they're next going back.
Those pagoda cremations can run you up a few quid. You can't just leave corpses lying around, it's a health hazard besides anything else. You can get a simple cremation on a pile of logs though, they are cheap. Paying $40,000 to transport a body half way across the world? That's just a waste of resources, especially if you don't have them and have to borrow the funds.
but they do leave bodies lying around, at least for a few days!

I was in a province and there was two dead barangs (moto accident and heart attack) haging around for two days!
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

rozzieoz wrote:I don't care what happens to me but please don't post any pics on FB. I don't want that to be the last thing people remember about me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:thumb: But it's not just FB. There are those horrible expat forums as well. Lol.

Hints on how to die discreetly. :dm:
Make sure that you die in a boring manner that doesn't make the news. I think the khmer media has more or less stopped printing photos of barangs who die of natural causes.
Wear respectable granny underwear and wrap a krama around your face when traveling by motorbike. (That's for the ladies; for the men, wear a shirt.)
Try to avoid dying in a public place where people will film your demise on their phones and post it on youtube.ie; Avoid having a heart attack while dancing on the tables at Chivas.
Do not die while naked and tripping, or other attention-seeking behaviour that will get picked up by the Daily Mail and make you world-famous.
Do not die in Pattaya, of anything at all.

Thatz the basics , but there is probably so much more ...
Old8404
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Old8404 »

I wonder if the medical school(s) want / need cadavers?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic