LTO Funeral Arrangements

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cicero
Tourist
United States of America

LTO Funeral Arrangements

Post by Cicero »

Hey friends.

Funeral arrangements have now been finalized.

My dad's (LTO, Ken) cremation will take place on the 19th of December at 2pm. It will be at Wat Sansomkosal on Street 271 (outer south ring road) directly south of the Russian market.

ALL ARE WELCOME.

This will be followed by drinks at The Pub on street 174 with a video presentation of my dad's photos.

I hope to see some of you there.

EDIT: Thanks for pointing out I spelt the name of the Wat wrong!
Last edited by Cicero on Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Re: LTO Funeral Arrangements

Post by boozyoldman »

Can those who admired him - as many did - pony up some money for a copse of trees as a lasting and living memorial?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Thanks for the update.

I live near that Wat, and I know there are several members of both CEO and K440 who live around here. So there should be a good turnout, I'm sure.

btw, that's Sansomkosal. (not sokol).
Cicero
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Cicero »

boozyoldman wrote:Can those who admired him - as many did - pony up some money for a copse of trees as a lasting and living memorial?
Sure! But that part's up to you guys to organize. It's a wonderful idea.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

boozyoldman will source and secure the land?
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Post by boozyoldman »

Er, yes, we own some land near Kulen and a few square meters could be a tiny arboreteum. [SPELLING?]
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Post by boozyoldman »

However, a few trees in PP would be far more to the point. Might one suggest somewhere close to the river, where everyone can see the copse as it grows.
Cicero
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Cicero »

boozyoldman wrote:However, a few trees in PP would be far more to the point. Might one suggest somewhere close to the river, where everyone can see the copse as it grows.
That sounds like a great idea to me, wherever you put it.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Cicero wrote:
boozyoldman wrote:However, a few trees in PP would be far more to the point. Might one suggest somewhere close to the river, where everyone can see the copse as it grows.
That sounds like a great idea to me, wherever you put it.

Here is the ideal place. I'll donate $ if someone can negotiate with the authorities that some barangs want to help the city by planting trees to make the place more beautiful.

http://s29.postimg.org/70ywlek03/SAM_0654.jpg

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/post724 ... lit=Little plots of land#p72494
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Cinnamoncat »

Cicero, thank you for posting the announcement. I know it is going to be a wonderful event :OD:

Also, the idea of planting some memorial trees is very nice. I hope photos are posted as they get planted, and then perhaps once a year, on Pearl Harbor Day (7 December). It would be really nice to watch them grow, and to know they were inspired by such a great man.
"Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir" available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578537788
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic