No market fees for small business vendors, decides PM.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

No market fees for small business vendors, decides PM.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The PM has announced that despite the new directive on compulsory market taxes or fees to be paid to local authorities, this will not apply to small-scale vendors.

No Fees For Small Business Vendors

Prime Minister HE decided on Friday that small-scale vendors selling only one or two baskets of goods at markets across the Kingdom will not be required to pay any tax or fees to the government.

According to a circular from the government signed by Mr. HE, small-scale vendors and poor people who sell small amounts of goods such as vegetables, fruit and handcrafts at temporary markets will not be liable for taxes or fees.

According to the new directive, all vendors at markets have to pay tax, stall fees and other fees to provincial halls.

The premier however, said that small-scale vendors at all markets will not pay taxes or other fees and they would be ensured security, safety, hygiene and an environment supervised by local authorities...
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/32971/ ... s-vendors/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: No market fees for small business vendors, decides PM.

Post by taabarang »

Trolling for votes among the exploited.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Popeye
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Popeye »

Pissing in there pockets, but doing fuck all for them!!!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

what could he do?
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"what could he do?"

I think, in fact I am certain you are aware of issues that plague the rural working class. He will do nothing to make a substantial contribution to their well being. Hence it is useless to catalogue those issues. He's just trolling for votes and throwing bones to those who need meat.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

frank lee bent wrote:what could he do?
FLB you are the master of sarcasm.

what could he do? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Popeye
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Popeye »

He's just trolling for votes and throwing bones to those who need meat.
They will be lucky if there is any meat on the bones. :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic