American Expat Ken Cramer (LTO) and Owner of Canby Publications Drowns in Tonle Sap River, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

American Expat Ken Cramer (LTO) and Owner of Canby Publications Drowns in Tonle Sap River, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Long time American expat living in Phnom Penh and friend to many, Ken Cramer, 55, Fell Into The Tonle Sap River in Phnom Penh

Phnom Penh, At around 7:50 pm on 07 December 2016, at Titanic restaurant located in Wat Phnom commune, Daun Penh district, Phnom Penh, a 55 year old American, Ken Cramer fell into the river as he was walking from a boat, Cambo Cruise. His friend said that Mr. Ken didn't drink at all and he fell into the river because the gangway was slippery due to rain. At around 10:00 am his body was still missing. Police were deployed to help out at the scene.

Ken Cramer has been a longtime member of the Cambodia Expat forums, and if you want to pay your respects you can do so here, a topic where his friend has broken the news about his untimely death: https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/general ... 11922.html

May Ken/LTO rest in peace.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Ken Kramre, 55, American Fell Into The River, Still Disappear

Post by franzjaeger »

That's really terribly saddening to hear, he was a great poster, one of the best, a voice of reason.

Really sorry about that.

poor kids, :-(
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Ken Kramre, 55, American Fell Into The River, Still Disappear

Post by General Mackevili »

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Cicero
Tourist
United States of America

Re: American Expat Ken Cramer (LTO) and Owner of Canby Publications Drowns in Tonle Sap River, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Cicero »

I posted the same message on another form but the sentiment remains.

Hello friends.

This is LTO's daughter. I would like to inform you all that LTO has not been confirmed to be dead or alive yet so there is still a chance my mother will be able to find him here. Please send your prayers and wishes and contact me here if you see anything. There is faith.

-Kena.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American Expat Ken Cramer (LTO) and Owner of Canby Publications Drowns in Tonle Sap River, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Updated news

The body of Ken Cramer was found on Thursday night floating downstream of where the boats were docked. His relatives were alerted about the finding. He was wrapped in a plastic bag and lifted up from the water and was later taken away on a boat from the place where his body was found.

A lot of videos of the scene were live on Facebook, mostly shooting from a distance, as there was request from his family to not shoot upon his face.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Does anyone have a good picture of Ken? I was just thinking a few days back, before this, that he was one poster I'd "known" for years, but couldn't put a face to. I'm pretty sure I did know him.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: American Expat Ken Cramer (LTO) and Owner of Canby Publications Drowns in Tonle Sap River, Phnom Penh, Cambo

John Bingham wrote:Does anyone have a good picture of Ken? I was just thinking a few days back, before this, that he was one poster I'd "known" for years, but couldn't put a face to. I'm pretty sure I did know him.
I have a random picture of him somewhere from one of the CEO meet-ups or something I think. Not sure if I can even find it.

Glasses, shaved head, if that helps jog your memory. Maybe even had a white goatee last time I saw him, but it's been a year or 2.

Man, I've been thinking about him all day. Really goes to show that your time can come at any random minute of any random day without a single hint of warning.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

RIP :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Article published before the body was discovered.

US Man Presumed Dead After Tonle Sap Fall
https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/us-m ... ll-121745/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: American Expat Ken Cramer (LTO) and Owner of Canby Publications Drowns in Tonle Sap River, Phnom Penh, Cambo

John Bingham wrote:Does anyone have a good picture of Ken? I was just thinking a few days back, before this, that he was one poster I'd "known" for years, but couldn't put a face to. I'm pretty sure I did know him.
Here is a picture to remember him by:

I'll add this to the topic LoudJohn started as well.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic