BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by Joker Poker »

OrangeDragon wrote:Hmmm... weird. So, when it happens what does it do? As in what page does it go to?

And are you replying from the quick reply or the actual reply page?
Stays on the same page that you write your post on, however the message is gone.
OrangeDragon wrote:Is everyone experiencing this using the same ISP by chance?
Metfone 3G.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

strange. sounds like the browser is refreshing.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Digg3r wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:Tapatalk Beta 2 seems to hold a crappier connection, but these issues have been around for a while for me.
Speaking of the new beta tapatalk, is it just me or have those pesky ads gone?
Hadn't noticed, but you're right - none showing here.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Where are you racked?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Datacenter in Dallas,TX.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Mm. So it's unlikely to be that, then. Observation (not criticism): 440 doesn't seem to have the same degree of failed sends, if that helps. Admittedly I haven't posted over there for mire than a month and Tapatalk has had major version changes in that time. Perhaps someone who posts to both using Tapatalk can comment.
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

This happened to me again. Both times I was using Chrome on my desktop. Unfortunately I can't tell you whether it was regular reply or quick reply, but both times it took me to the blank posting page. Hitting back doesn't bring back the comment.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

StroppyChops wrote:Mm. So it's unlikely to be that, then. Observation (not criticism): 440 doesn't seem to have the same degree of failed sends, if that helps. Admittedly I haven't posted over there for mire than a month and Tapatalk has had major version changes in that time. Perhaps someone who posts to both using Tapatalk can comment.
it's a tapatalk issue for you? that i'll have no idea how to address... it's up to tapatalk honestly. their system is greek to me and very closed off. funny bit, I suspect we may actually in the same datacenter as them.
giblet wrote:This happened to me again. Both times I was using Chrome on my desktop. Unfortunately I can't tell you whether it was regular reply or quick reply, but both times it took me to the blank posting page. Hitting back doesn't bring back the comment.
Man, that's so strange. Strangest because thats what I use and I've never gotten it.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

The other issues that happens a lot with Tapatalk (tablet and phone) is opening a thread, it tries to load, sticks on loading. Back it up, the thread is shown as read but still available on the Unread filter, loads on the second attempt. New pages on a thread do this also.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Yup, still having to click " return me to the forum last visited" after every single post. Whoever set the timer to 10 seconds + needs to rethink that.

When I submit a post, can you please make it so it just takes me to my submitted post or at least back to the forum I was viewing.

Thanks guys.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic