Thailand now the world's third most unequal country.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Thailand now the world's third most unequal country.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

According to Credit Suisse Global Wealth Databooks, Thailand is now the world's third most unequal country in terms of wealth distribution, following Russia and India and beating Indonesia, Brazil, China and the USA. The richest 1% of Thais share 58% of the country's wealth.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Luigi
Expatriate

Re: Thailand now the world's third most unequal country.

Post by Luigi »

The USA at 42% ranks an underachiever status. Give us 4-8 yrs. I think we can be an upward mobility country. :stir:
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Thailand now the world's third most unequal country.

Post by Bertros »

Luigi wrote:The USA at 42% ranks an underachiever status. Give us 4-8 yrs. I think we can be an upward mobility country. :stir:
I was disappointed to see that we aren't no. 1 as well.

Surely Mr Trump will be able to rectify the situation!

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Thailand now the third most unequal country among a selected group of nine countries

Post by John Bingham »

Am I the only person who finds these surveys totally ridiculous? A few days ago there was one saying Cambodia was the second most lawless country in the world, worse than Afghanistan etc. Now this nonsense. Go to most of Africa, for example, and check out the disparity between the haves and have-nots, it's far more extreme.

The headline is misleading anyway, it should be "Thailand now the third most unequal country among a selected group of nine countries".
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic