What's in the balloons?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: What's in the balloons?

Post by OrangeDragon »

General Mackevili wrote:
Garry.Crabtree wrote:When I first did it I thought the balloon was going to be filled with Helium. I wasn't too happy when I found out, but hey, I had to laugh!
It took me the longest time to realize it actually deepens the sound of your voice, and it wasn't just OD fucking with me.

It's like the opposite of helium.
:beer3:

Great times.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I've been a fan of N2O for about 20 years since due to my work I was subject to drug and alcohol tests 24/7. It is my opinion that the gas on the beach in Snooky is not 100% N2O. In the US I had a friend with a bottle and there is no comparison between that and the gas on the beach. His N2O bottle was medical grade N2O (painted Green) were I doubt the beach stuff is. Also we used to buy small cylinders of N2O (like CO2 ones used in air-rifles) at head shops and they would sell a small device that when screwed together with a cylinder inside and a balloon on the end produced a balloon full of gas (called whippets) The flame restaurant near the golden lions circle (that went out of business) had a small cylinder behind the bar that was green and looked to be medical grade N2O. It was head and shoulders above what is for sale on the beach in Snooky.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Sailorman wrote:I've been a fan of N2O for about 20 years since due to my work I was subject to drug and alcohol tests 24/7. It is my opinion that the gas on the beach in Snooky is not 100% N2O. In the US I had a friend with a bottle and there is no comparison between that and the gas on the beach. His N2O bottle was medical grade N2O (painted Green) were I doubt the beach stuff is. Also we used to buy small cylinders of N2O (like CO2 ones used in air-rifles) at head shops and they would sell a small device that when screwed together with a cylinder inside and a balloon on the end produced a balloon full of gas (called whippets) The flame restaurant near the golden lions circle (that went out of business) had a small cylinder behind the bar that was green and looked to be medical grade N2O. It was head and shoulders above what is for sale on the beach in Snooky.
Yeah, I think they're using industrial or food grade. It's just less pure, more 02 mixed in with it. I imagine a few of could also be adding in some O2 as well to increase profits. Though I'd say it's about on par with the whippet cartridge quality.
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

Hotdigr wrote:After the crackdown on Shisha's, I wonder how long this will last? Is it in Khmer bars too, does anyone know?
Out of interest, the first time I tried it was when my son was born ( 28 LOOONG years ago!) and did it regularly ( ie - a pack of 10 bulbs, 2 or 3 times a week)for 4 or 5 years, without any side effects. It was the ONLY "drug" my ex would touch, but if I told you the reason she loved it, this thread would have to go into the After Dark section! Lets just say it enhances certain things for a woman if taken at precisely the right time ;)
That's a lot of nitrous oxide there, brother.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
Sohi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Sohi »

The stuff from n2o to go is the same as on the beach, the owner of n2o was lazy and left the suppliers label on his tanks a few times so now everyone orders straight from the factory for less
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i wish Roomchang would get it.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Sohi wrote:The stuff from n2o to go is the same as on the beach, the owner of n2o was lazy and left the suppliers label on his tanks a few times so now everyone orders straight from the factory for less
LoL. :facepalm:

That's the first, ok maybe second, rule you learn about drug dealing. You never let your customers know who your connect is.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Sohi wrote:The stuff from n2o to go is the same as on the beach, the owner of n2o was lazy and left the suppliers label on his tanks a few times so now everyone orders straight from the factory for less
I know at least 2 of the bars get it from different sources than the rest, and it's a higher quality as a result.
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Hotdigr wrote:After the crackdown on Shisha's, I wonder how long this will last?
Well talking of Sisha, I just saw this message and i thought that maybe they could do with some laughing gas to cheer them up

SISHA: Stop Human Trafficking and Exploitation shared a link. 5 hours ago

SISHA Urgently needs funding. If you or someone you know is passionate about helping SISHA see through to another EOFY Please visit http://www.sisha.org or please contact [email protected]
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Bit of info concerning grades and impurities in commercial and medical grade Nitrous Oxide

Commercial grade nitrous oxide--such as that used in food and beverage dispensing, fuel injection, and chemical and semiconductor manufacturing--may contain a number of impurities, including the toxic chemicals sulfuric acid, ammonia, and nitric oxide.
Nitrous oxide used for other legitimate applications, such as manufacturing and auto racing, is often sold in a “denatured” form. Denatured nitrous contains chemicals that render it unfit for human consumption eg Sulphur Dioxide. http://ecstasy.com.ua/nitrous-oxide/nit ... omposition.
Impurities can come from the manufacturing process such as particles and dissolved oil from say the compression process. In medical grade these are filtered out.The amount of oil in the form of mist & particles( mg/m3) is an important contaminant in breathable gasses but less so in commercial grade as it is not meant to be inhaled so small amounts of hydrocarbons are not an issue.
Nitrous oxide is used in the food industry in whipped cream dispensers. These cartridges have been used recreationally and contain residual oil.” It appears that not all nitrous 'whippet' chargers are the same quality. Most or all whippet brands contain oily residues which are likely unhealthy to inhale. Some of industrial nitrous cylinders/tanks contain other residue gasses which are highly toxic to inhale (some contain a sulfurous gas which is toxic and unpleasant . http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/nitrous ... nfo5.shtml
Nitrous Oxide Specification Medical Grade
Water <=150 mg per cubic meter
Ammonia <= 0.0025%
Nitric oxide <= 1ppm
Carbon monoxide <= 0.001%
Nitrogen dioxide <= 1ppm
Halogens <= 1ppm
Carbon dioxide <=0.03%
Air <= 1%
Assay > 99.0%
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic