ACLEDA ATMs shutdown over the weekend.

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

ACLEDA ATMs shutdown over the weekend.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Bank customers irked by shutdown of ATMs
Mon, 5 December 2016

Customers of Acleda Bank, the Kingdom’s largest financial institution, struggled to access their accounts after the bank’s nearly 300 ATM machines nationwide were taken out of service over the weekend for a system-wide software upgrade.

Despite claims by the bank that the ATMs would only be closed from 10pm on Friday until Saturday morning, customers reported that the closures began on Friday afternoon and continued at some branches beyond midday yesterday.

Speaking at the bank’s branch on Norodom Boulevard in Phnom Penh last night, Pang Sopheak, an Acleda representative who had been deployed to ease customer complaints, said while the branch’s ATM was working, there were still bugs to be sorted out.

“The new system is not working well yet and some customers have had difficulty in taking out money still,” he said. “It was supposed to be fixed by 10 am on Saturday.”

In Channy, president and CEO of Acleda Bank, said the bank informed all of its clients of the temporary ATM closure beforehand, though declined to say how they were notified...
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/b ... tdown-atms
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: ACLEDA ATMs shutdown over the weekend.

Post by kiwiincambodia »

What BS, I bank with Acleda and was not informed once about this, I could not get any cash out until yesterday afternoon.

Lucky I had enough in my wallet for my weekend debauchery.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

kiwiincambodia wrote:What BS, I bank with Acleda and was not informed once about this, I could not get any cash out until yesterday afternoon.

So you did not need to dip into the wad of notes you have stashed under your mattress ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Duncan wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:What BS, I bank with Acleda and was not informed once about this, I could not get any cash out until yesterday afternoon.

So you did not need to dip into the wad of notes you have stashed under your mattress ?
I looked under there but only found the dead hooker from a few months ago.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic