Koh kong hotel and place to extend ordinary visa for 1 year + get driving license

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Koh kong hotel and place to extend ordinary visa for 1 year + get driving license

Post by cannabistourist »

Hello,

Do you have any information about Koh Kong in front of the Thai border ?

Where do you like to stay and do you know where it is possible to extend an ordinary visa for 1 year ?

And also where to apply for a driving license ?

Thank you for your help.
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Koh kong hotel and place to extend ordinary visa for 1 year + get driving license

Post by cptrelentless »

I've not been but my understanding is that Koh Kong is a one night stay place, there's apparently not much on unless you are an eco-warrior. They may have a travel agent that could do licence and visa but that'll be over a week you're there. Move on to a more touristy city then do the docs, it'll be quicker
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Koh kong hotel and place to extend ordinary visa for 1 year + get driving license

Post by ExPenhMan »

cptrelentless wrote:I've not been but my understanding is that Koh Kong is a one night stay place, there's apparently not much on unless you are an eco-warrior. They may have a travel agent that could do licence and visa but that'll be over a week you're there. Move on to a more touristy city then do the docs, it'll be quicker
Agree. Go to Sihanoukville, Siem Reap or Phnom Penh, the latter quickest to get a licence, according to reports. Kohn Kong breeds very greedy fixers.
ralphamsterdam
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by ralphamsterdam »

Stay at Apex Hotel . 1 night in Koh Kong is enough and next day to Sihanoukvillle. Travel agent Anna is one of the better agents.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Carpe diem
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

ralphamsterdam wrote:Stay at Apex Hotel . 1 night in Koh Kong is enough and next day to Sihanoukvillle. Travel agent Anna is one of the better agents.

Thank you so much !

I guess no need to book this hotel ?

aircon rooms cost 600 thai baht on agoda, i should get the same price at the hotel ?

https://www.agoda.com/apex-koh-kong-hot ... ng-kh.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Revie ... vince.html
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

cannabistourist wrote:
ralphamsterdam wrote:Stay at Apex Hotel . 1 night in Koh Kong is enough and next day to Sihanoukvillle. Travel agent Anna is one of the better agents.

Thank you so much !

aircon rooms cost 600 thai baht on agoda, i should get the same price at the hotel ?

get their email address and contact them directly for the best rates
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Koh Kong is changing! I have never understood why the one night stay with travellers. Visas can be extended at the agent on the riverside. Driving license can not.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

AndyKK wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:32 pm Koh Kong is changing! I have never understood why the one night stay with travellers. Visas can be extended at the agent on the riverside. Driving license can not.

What's wrong with Koh kong ?!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Nothing is wrong with kk. Just saying why people only stay one night and pass through. Seems a waste to me.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
hiway5
Expatriate
Spain

Post by hiway5 »

cannabistourist wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:09 am

Thank you so much !

You could get the same price at Nathy hotel for a much better room than Apex. Might be worth booking.. KK gets quite a few domestic tourists on some weekends and holidays. It rains a lot this time of year. Probably don't need ac. Plenty to see around KK. Some hotels are now partly or completely closed for birds.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic