What if you could raise One Million Dollars ...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: What if you could raise One Million Dollars ...

Post by Soi Dog »

Milord wrote:You are close to grasping my posting. My concern is not for the Herb project. If I assist that's a freebee. I'm afraid it will be bogged down in Red Tape and Huge Security overhead.
That is a huge concern, because as I understand it (at least in the US) the banks/credit card companies can not risk handling the transactions or cash deposits from pot producers, due to strict money laundering regulations. This causes the sellers to store and transport massive amounts of cash, which is, of course, an attractive target for criminal gangs. It's only a matter of time before these cash-laden shops are hit hard by heavily armed thugs. If you hire a dozen goons with machine guns for your security, the cartels will send 50 thugs against you with fucking rocket launchers. Then there is the very real possibility of kidnapping you or your family members for ransom. This is why the Mexican cartels will probably also thrive in the legal marijuana business, with false ownership fronts. They have the fire power to protect their investments and the ruthlessness to delete their competitors.
Last edited by Soi Dog on Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

So, the weed is just a distraction from your question. You're question IS:
"When providing startup funding and guidance for a business startup to someone, how do I appear as an investor and not a private lender with a free idea?"

The answer is of course, a contract for a partnership or venture capitalist agreement.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

I actually thought of that OD, but I decided the answer was a little to obvious and perhaps he is looking for a more oblique ( good word btw milord!) answer??? Not quite sure what though. I think I'm as confused as Kiwi and Vlad JP :plus1:
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I still have no fecking idea what this thread is about.

New category for Bonez Awards: Most confusing thread of the year.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by walkjivefly »

Milord wrote:If I assist that's a freebee.
I'll take one of those $1m freebies if there are any left. Even a $1m freebie shared between all the CEO members would be very nice :-)
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I'm still confused...
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

walkjivefly wrote:
Milord wrote:If I assist that's a freebee.
I'll take one of those $1m freebies if there are any left. Even a $1m freebie shared between all the CEO members would be very nice :-)
I'm a member...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic