What if you could raise One Million Dollars ...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

What if you could raise One Million Dollars ...

Post by Milord »

So you show a friend how to create wealth, how do you protect your position ?
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Re: What if you could raise One Million Dollars ...

Post by Milord »

I just had a flood last Thursday in my basement. 2.95" of rain in an hour, fucking sewer backup on the whole street, and 6" of sewage water downstairs. Fuck, 2nd flood in 6 months. 3rd flood in a year.

So chatting with a neighbour i've known since Cubs (Scouts) (40 years ago) that got dehired by a US Venture Capitalist, illegally, likes my idea how to raise funds.

How do I protect my interests?
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Am I the only one confused by this thread?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

NO!
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Where's aerial poultry when we need him? This thread sounds like it came from him...to think of it...hmmm...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

Thanks for all the empathy. Do you know how disappointing it is to have you stuff soaked, even when you plan to throw it out anyway?

2nd, When an old friend gets fucked over by a corporate takeover, you try to help, but, if you're going to bail him out, it would be nice to help yourself at the same time.

He has different friends whom are positioned to get a Federal License to set up a Herbal grow for legal Medicinal purposes because the Gov has ended "Grow your own" Licences even though patients have a permit to buy and possess.

My experience tells me that this may be a disaster. But let it fly.

I'm suggesting another concept to raise money for projects. Is that clear yet?
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Is anyone else confused as fuck with this thread?
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

kiwiincambodia wrote:Is anyone else confused as fuck with this thread?
As far as I can tell, the OP is encouraging/assisting his friend, who is a bit down on his luck financially, to set up a medical marijuana dispensary, but wants a little taste of the possible profits for himself in return for his brilliant ideas on how to finance the operation start-up (about one million dollars).

He seems concerned that his buddy might cut him out of the money train once the initial start-up costs are raised...which does not bode well. If you are concerned your buddy will screw you over, he is not really a friend to begin with, is he? Why not go it alone?
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

You are close to grasping my posting. My concern is not for the Herb project. If I assist that's a freebee. I'm afraid it will be bogged down in Red Tape and Huge Security overhead. I've been waiting 45 years for this to be possible. And expect It will take another 45 yrs to be complete.

#2 My concept involves Start Up funding as we both have Financial backgrounds. But you realize I'm being somewhat oblique on purpose here.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

What's the point in asking if no one knows what the fuck you are talking about.

If you have a question ask it. Don't hide behind riddles.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic