Sending $ back to UK via FX

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Sending $ back to UK via FX

Post by Fourkinnel »

Anyone sent Dollars back to UK lately via FX company??
Was just about to make a deal with Rational FX who I've used several times to send quite a bit of money here. Then they tell me they don't deal with Cambodia, it's on their risk list. surely the only risk would be I don't send the money, they loose nowt, but hey!
With the FX should get something near the base rate saving me $$. If just send to my UK bank, lousy rates for sure!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Sending $ back to UK via FX

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Fourkinnel wrote:Anyone sent Dollars back to UK lately via FX company??
Was just about to make a deal with Rational FX who I've used several times to send quite a bit of money here. Then they tell me they don't deal with Cambodia, it's on their risk list. surely the only risk would be I don't send the money, they loose nowt, but hey!
With the FX should get something near the base rate saving me $$. If just send to my UK bank, lousy rates for sure!
i had to do loads of security checks numerous times when sending money to cambodia via rational fx, but i cleared them all and i have unlimited transfers now
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

I never had a problem sending out of UK but for some reason sending back, they black listed Cambodia. :evil:

My Uk bank is 3 points each side of the live exchange rate, so if i don't find an FX that can do better will have to do!
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Any possibility your problem is related to Cambodia's Maytag machine? Rinse & repeat center.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

if u send me cash i with fx u hard

and very cheaply,bitch
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

Update;
Maybe of use to UK folk!
Found FX company that would help send funds back despite Cambodia being on their risk list.

Try TorFx. http://www.torfx.com/ Very helpful manager there Named Douglas Palmer.
Got the rate at 0.7979 when the live rate .80. They even wrote off the $25 that was missing presumably taken by the robbing Intermediary bank!
Did the transaction from UCB bank, it was sitting in my UK bank less than 24hrs later! . You activate your account with them, give them your Uk bank sort and acc no. They give your their bank info to give the bank here (make sure you use their $ account not GBP)
I saved hundreds of pounds compared to just sending to my UK bank direct!. :beer:
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

That's a damn good rate!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Fourkinnel wrote:Update;
Maybe of use to UK folk!
Found FX company that would help send funds back despite Cambodia being on their risk list.

Try TorFx. http://www.torfx.com/ Very helpful manager there Named Douglas Palmer.
Got the rate at 0.7979 when the live rate .80. They even wrote off the $25 that was missing presumably taken by the robbing Intermediary bank!
Did the transaction from UCB bank, it was sitting in my UK bank less than 24hrs later! . You activate your account with them, give them your Uk bank sort and acc no. They give your their bank info to give the bank here (make sure you use their $ account not GBP)
I saved hundreds of pounds compared to just sending to my UK bank direct!. :beer:
thanks will look into them for sending my money over to cambodia
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic