Can anyone recommend a good motorcycle mechanic?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Sailorman
Expatriate

Re: Can anyone recommend a good motorcycle mechanic?

Post by Sailorman »

I hate working with wood. Machines and steel are my thing. I'll look at the estimate as the guy has done some work for me and a big project for my neighbor. I not only want to make it weather-proof, but have it seal to make it bug proof. Last time I had the bike outside with a custom cover I got bugs building nests and spiders making a home. Joys of living in the tropics.

Popeye. Make sure to check the bottom of your fuel petcock as it unscrews and there is a screen in there that most shops overlook. Also you take the tank off and remove the petcock, there is a long screen attached to it and inside the tank that gets plugged. A good filter between the tank and carb is a must. Also keep you tank full to avoid water condensation and rust. Are all your emission lines to the carb hooked up? (or plugged like mine as I took all the emissions off.)
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

i had rats chewed off the radiator :cry:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Popeye
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Popeye »

John Bingham wrote:
Popeye wrote:
When I picked up my bike and examined it at home, noticed that the engine had not been taken apart as for the inspection...... OK, the motor had been worked on, but kept getting sluggish, seamed as not getting enough fuel. .....
So how did they work on the motor without taking it apart?
?????? You tell me, because fucked if I know :facepalm:
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

sm are you saying the front lifted off the ground on your nodded car?

maybe you should have sorted the suspension out as well
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

The Car was around 1400lb and 300+hp. The engine is in the rear. Simple physics will tell you that given the weight in the rear and the light front end, that yes, the front end came off the ground in 1st and 2nd gear at half throttle. I put two 75lb lead bars in front and that helped. This was a very scary car to drive as it could get away from an inexperienced driver or one that is not on top of it.

WTF is "nooded" anyway. You ever built anything or know anything about cars?

The suspension was more then sorted out. You know nothing about the car and make rash statements like that that just show ignorance. I spent 4 years designing and building a lot of the parts. This car won many awards, you ever design anything that won an award? (What no answer to that question?) I spent hundreds of hours on a milling machine and lathes. (ever run one of those, I think not.) The 3" in, 5"out stainless steel custom exhaust I could have just welded myself as I designed it , but I chose a welder who was certified to weld on atomic submarines. It was a work of art. No one had ever put a turbo rotary engine in one of these. Do you know anything about rotary engines? I think not. (much less piston engines.) (again, no answer to that question?)

I built the suspension as if the car was going to run the Baja Mexico race. Gas coil overs, adjustable front ride height, 4-wheel disc brakes with special proportioner valve to allow the back brakes to grab first thus keeping the car straight, special welded add on steel tubing around the suspension parts, custom billet brake/clutch assembly, one of a kind custom throttle system, and lots more.
Rear End View of Turbo Rotary Engine in Kelmark

Now tell me about all the cars you have built and your vast knowledge of rotary or even piston engines. (once again no answer? Same, same as usual, all BS with nothing to back it up. )
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

SinBoy: Obviously no answer as you probably know nothing about suspensions, much less cars/machinery.
mossie
Expatriate
Finland

Post by mossie »

+1 for Two Wheels. Never had but good experiences with their service.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Never going to TWO again. I paid $105 for a service, which was supposed to include fixing an oil leak. After the service it still leaked. So I took it back and it was grudgingly fixed. Then it got noisy...I was told the backfiring noise was 'water in the petrol'. Akira had a look at it, confirmed my suspicions in a few seconds. Took it to a local mechanic, I watched him work on it...he showed me the paper and wire gaskets that had been inserted into the exhaust outlet manifold...these should have been metal ring gaskets.Even the Khmer mechanic just laughed and shook his head.

If you try any mechanic anywhere, rule #1 is: if they mess up once, never go back.

If anyone knows where I can get a service manual for a Suzuki Djebel 250 xc, please pm me. I'm quite happy to pay for a genuine one.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Op, not sure if he's still there, but Vannak on 136 used to be good for me.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Popeye wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:38 pm
kiwiincambodia wrote:
Popeye wrote:
John Bingham wrote:I recommend Two Wheels Only too.
This prick ripped me off big time. Do not go there.
How exactly did he rip you off?
I had a Honda Phantom and wanted the engine overhauled plus a over all inspection as per his brochure.
When I picked up my bike and examined it at home, noticed that the engine had not been taken apart as for the inspection, things that were not working were still not working.
So took it back. Still somethings were still not working. The main one was my rear brake would lock on as faulty master cylinder. OK, the motor had been worked on, but kept getting sluggish, seamed as not getting enough fuel. So back again, on the way it really did not want to go but I managed to get it there and was told that I had not run it in properly. he had to rebuild the top end as everything had over heated. So took it home and same problem !!!! Anyway, I finished off pulling the carby off and took it to local bike shop to have it cleaned. And to my amazement has not missed a beat since.
Now from memory this exercise cost me over $700
WTF!
haha welcome to kow - the world's greediest, but most incompetent country. i bet that place with all the sensor reading equipment haven't got a proper clue how to fix the faults it finds. comparable to the sonagram machine in the hospitals.

may as well take it to the Honda shop. at least they have a spotless working environment.

i took my bike to a local mechanics that haad done previous work on the bike to get oem sprockets and chain. Made sure they said they had them 2 weeks in advance. I stood and watched - always advisable. I caught the guy trying to join the new chain with about 6 links from an old chain because the new one wasn't the right part, so they tried to make it fit. Wasted 3 hours and got the usual beligerent total bullshit excuses. wankers. The Honda shop did a good job.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic