What it means to be a Republic

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: What it means to be a Republic

Post by Mr Curious »

anyone who thinks overthrowing the corruption is possible is a nitwit. It's integrated throughout the country in every system. You'd be throwing out your uncles and neighbors, and people that had no idea they were supporting corruption. It's woven thru the land. Attacking guys in red coats in neat rows that have no support closer than a six month ship ride away is one thing, but now? PLEASE, it's just stupid to think there is any way to throw out the bad guys. I'd wager most don't even KNOW they're bad guys. You'd have an easier time of it if you organized like THEY did and created companies to DO what the government WILL NOT do than to load up some clips, geez...how ya gonna fight body armor, satellite surveilance, and the whole infrastructure? It's laughable and sad that some think this way. Such action would just end up killing off thousands of nitwits (win win for the bad guys eh?) and giving them a good excuse to go full tilt martial law crazy.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Mr. Curious does the above tirade apply to the KofW?
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

the truth is that most human being will endure a little bit of evil if it doesnt impeach on their lives too much, but the story starts to turn when life becomes unbearable, so the crucial point of a dictatorship is must know when to stop and give a little, kudos to Mr H.E.
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

taabarang wrote:Mr. Curious does the above tirade apply to the KofW?
I really do not see that as a tirade. In fact I find it spot on. Good luck to all you militant militias. (redundancy)

I'm old & looking out for me. I got my green, a dirty beach & a modest income.
I'll watch from the bleachers. Last row.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

First, a tirade can be spot.on. Secondly, if it goes down here, everyone will have front row seats. I think bolueeleh's observations are correct. I think there is a difference between a country that has a corruption problem and one where corruption and nepotism are the system. Anyway, all foreigners will have front row seats at the fifty yard line.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

more doable there perhaps. I would have thought SM's posts would have been the obvious topic I was replying to. Did Cambodia ever have redcoats marching in neat lines, with resupply six months away across an ocean?
front40
Tourist

Post by front40 »

Forget it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic