Turkish Couple Burgled in Paradise Guesthouse on Koh Island Off the Coast of Sihanoukville

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Turkish Couple Burgled in Paradise Guesthouse on Koh Island Off the Coast of Sihanoukville

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Sihanoukville, Cambodia: 2 Turkish tourists identified as married couple Esra and Faith Ugurly had had their room at Paradise Guesthouse burgled. Cameras stolen.

No arrests made but police are looking for the perpetrators.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Turkish Couple Burgled in Paradise Guesthouse on Koh Island Off the Coast of Sihanoukville

Post by cptrelentless »

I always thought they were more expensive (think it's abut $30 a night) but that room is nothing special. Seems like there's a serial robber though, some user called bex9292 on tripadvisor says they had $300 nicked this last week -
“Do not go there!!!”

We stayed 7 nights at the Paradise Bungalows. At first we were very pleased with our stay altough it was not that clean in the bungalows. On our last night 300 dollars!! have gone out of the bungalow, when we moved to another bungalow.
We talked with the manager about the stolen money and were very disappointed by his reaction. He did not do anything about the stolen money!! And reacted in such a unfriedly and very arrogant way. I would never go there again and do not recommend these bungalows!!
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Turkish Couple Burgled in Paradise Guesthouse on Koh Island Off the Coast of Sihanoukville

Post by hanno »

It was the monkeys:
Dangerous, read why”
1 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile
This place is a lot of things but Paradise isn't one of them. If you can ignore the fact that when it rains it rains in your face while sleeping because of holes in the roof, that the restaurant is one of the most expensive on the island and the food is bad or that the matrass and couches smell like monkey pee...maybe you won't ignore this. While getting ready for breakfast we suddenly noticed 4 big macaques on the walls inside the room. I tried to slap my hands really loud and at this they showed me their teeth and came threatening towards us (the room is just 3*3m so they were definitely less than 1m away. They chased us out of the bungalow, trashed the place looking for food (we didn't have anything whatsoever) and left. The guys from the reception then came with bananas (!!!!) To "lure" them away. They weren't impressed at all that there were monkeys INSIDE the bungalow. They eventually after many requests burned some fireworks to scare them away 8 hours later. In that time interval they came again when we weren't there, peed on everything and chewed stuff leaving it on our clothes in the bungalow.
If you guys don't know monkeys are carrier of rabies, a 100% deadly disease unless you're vaccined. Rabies is carried through bites but also saliva and urin. This means it's not just unsanitary to have monkeys in your bungalow, it's also potentially deadly. We left. Just next you have "white sand "bungalows and "monkey island "bungalows, all with closed rooms so no monkey will get in. Pay the 6$ extra the night and be safe. Also everyone on the island told us they're really the only one with that problem and if they "chase" the monkeys away with bananas I'm not surprised.

I documented the pee and the damages and the reason why monkeys can get in. Please be safe, boycott this place until they make it safer!
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Personally, I wouldn't leave any valuables in a locked room/bungalow on the islands , I'd rather carry them around with me

The owner/manager of Paradise bungalows doesn't have a great reputation for friendliness & caring about various problems his guests encounter, I've read a lot of the TA & Booking.com reviews over the last 3 years or so.
Dermadone223344
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dermadone223344 »

:boxing:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic