Is There a Stupidity Gene?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Is There a Stupidity Gene?

Post by Joker Poker »

So I'm heading north on Monivong this afternoon and a lady on a green Chaly decides to run the red light into the oncoming motos and Tuk Tuks. She got T-boned by a Tuk Tuk - no surprise really, but what I was wondering is how someone that fucking stupid can get beyond their teenage years?

It was fairly slow, so I doubt she got hurt too much other than her stupidity gene might be a bit bruised.

I see this total brainless shit so frequently that it is really mind boggling.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Is There a Stupidity Gene?

Post by General Mackevili »

Joker Poker wrote:
I see this total brainless shit so frequently that it is really mind boggling.
I love the idiots that try to run straight through a red light, and they run it so late that the other lane is traffic is already too thick to get through, and they're already in the middle of the traffic so they can't turn back, and end up having to make a LEFT turn that they never had plans to make.

All this while on the phone, of course.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

And honking the damned horn.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

StroppyChops wrote:And honking the damned horn.
Yes, there is nothing quite like getting your ears shredded at point blank range by some Lexus driving knob while you are walking along the road.

I think that all cars in Cambodia should have an additional horn placed inside the cabin so that the occupants can enjoy the 'music' too.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Joker Poker wrote: but what I was wondering is how someone that fucking stupid can get beyond their teenage years?
Pure luck or maybe because of that little red cord she had around her wrist :D .

The other night I was rounding Wat Phnom when I caught up with another moto. The guy had his mobile phone in one ear. He then let go with the other hand and started to poke his finger in his other ear! So i'm going 'round a roundabout with a lot of traffic and following a moto whose driver is holding a phone in his left ear and poking around in his other ear with his right hand! Not a good situation and so I quickly overtake. Wife on the back pipes up "don't go fast - not good can die" followed by "why you not toot toot ayah! ( ie blow your horn when overtaking so the other guy can hear) :ROFL2:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

^ LoL
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

There may be a bad driving gene! There are some 2nd generation ( at least) drivers in the UK, who drive like their elderly mothers did when they first arrived in the UK. I'm talking young guys. Young guys usually drive skillfully, although overly fast and reckless. These guys drive like Miss daisy, and fuck up every manoeuvre. I can't suss it out. Born in the UK and used to the streets, yet drive like shit.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

When I see some doofus driving, on the phone or doing something stupid, I always give them the thumbs up and say' Very clever!'.

They don't like it for some reason.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Thing is that these stupid incidents are frequent enough that you see them on a daily basis if you go far enough. The red light thing happens pretty much at every set of lights, but usually they time it a bit better than the hapless wench in the OP. Often it is some belligerent motodop trying to intimidate his way though the oncoming traffic or some freshy boy dipshit.

I've lost count now how many times some fuckstick overtakes me on the inside when I'm turning right, or had my mirrors clipped by some clown when there is plenty of room to pass safely.

The one that really scares me is when you get run off the road on your moto by a Camry, Lexus or bus overtaking on the country roads. It happened to me on St 15 recently too when some retard came around the corner in his Tundra on the wrong side of the road and stayed on it for the whole fucking block!

How do you turn a Cambodian into an arsehole?

Put them behind the wheel.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

vladimir wrote:When I see some doofus driving, on the phone or doing something stupid, I always give them the thumbs up and say' Very clever!'.

They don't like it for some reason.
Most of us have thumbs on the edge of our hands, yours seem to be in the middle. That might be the reason.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic