Explain a barfine please?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Explain a barfine please?

Post by frank lee bent »

Thanks for the info OP.
On the avoid list now.
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

Deleted.
Using Tapatalk
dan1el
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dan1el »

Just to make it clear as I did not word it very well in the original post , he got the $10 bar fine back minus $2.50 for the beer so $7.50 in total. Anyway out of interest and in the need of a beer of course I went in Matilda bar on the same street about 2 doors down I think from bunny bar and got chatting with Ross the owner who I never met before. After a few beers and the general chit chat I put to him the question "what would you do if I barfined 1 of your girls and she stole my phone?" He said he would sack her on the spot and replace the phone.It seems some bar owners do feel it is indeed necessary to do something about it. Mind you he had 24 girls in there that night so losing 1 would have been a blessing as it was a squeeze for even a skinny runt like me to get to toilet.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

^ Exactly.

That's the attitude I'd expect from a bar owner. Again, not that they're liable, but Bunny Bar's owner seemed a little lame in the way he handled it.

And with him not making a big deal about it, he's encouraging other girls working there to do the same thing.

If they were to see the owner sack someone right then and there over it, the others would be a lot less likely to steal from a customer.

Maybe he's desperate for staff and couldn't afford to lose a girl.

Also, it would have been different if he said that he had known the girl for a year and that he was skeptical because she's never been known to do anything like that, but to stand up for a girl that he said had only been there for 3 days is fucked up.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

dan1el wrote:Just to make it clear as I did not word it very well in the original post , he got the $10 bar fine back minus $2.50 for the beer so $7.50 in total. Anyway out of interest and in the need of a beer of course I went in Matilda bar on the same street about 2 doors down I think from bunny bar and got chatting with Ross the owner who I never met before. After a few beers and the general chit chat I put to him the question "what would you do if I barfined 1 of your girls and she stole my phone?" He said he would sack her on the spot and replace the phone.It seems some bar owners do feel it is indeed necessary to do something about it. Mind you he had 24 girls in there that night so losing 1 would have been a blessing as it was a squeeze for even a skinny runt like me to get to toilet.
Anybody want a free phone for the cost of a barfine? Because that's the other message it sends to less than scrupulous expats/backpackers/etc.
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by walkjivefly »

OrangeDragon wrote: Anybody want a free phone for the cost of a barfine? Because that's the other message it sends to less than scrupulous expats/backpackers/etc.
I know we're in Scambodia and all but that's not nice.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

I think the chances of prostitutes stealing phones from the punters is 1000X times more likely than dudes paying a bar fine, paying a girl and then going back to say they lost their iPhone.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Again, he should have at least covered the guy's drink he had while waiting for the owner to come back.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

I wonder how various owners would react if a punter informed them that he caught the clap off one of their girls?

Caveat empor.
Scarier than malaria.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

This thread has inspired me to place ali baba on my 'ignore' list but read what he posts anyway. I can't help myself.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic