Good places to relieve yourself when out

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Good places to relieve yourself when out

Post by StroppyChops »

I must be applying the same western standards because having nowhere to toilet except the street seems to be a measure of homelessness to me. My father was homeless (mental issues) for a time which has possibly left me over aware.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
rick o'shea
Expatriate

Post by rick o'shea »

Outside my workplace near toul sleng, the corner is habitually frequented by Tuk tuks and motodops. All day long they holler, play cards, and sometimes get through huge quantities of beer. Anyway, when I duck out for coffee, dodging human turds on their corner is a daily event. I think they curl them out there in the early hours while it is still dark enough to afford a little privacy. A mentally ill lady also loiters on the corner, but I don't think she's the culprit. If it is the Tuk Tuk drivers, their willingness to shit where they eat baffles me.
I also regularly run over chroy changvar to prek leap, and use the bridge stairwells to avoid crossing traffic lanes, and you can guarantee some huge, fresh cables will be laid on those stairs. As dumping in public places goes, those stairwells must be absolute luxury, as they are very secluded. I just hope I never catch anyone in the act! What would you say in that situation, as you descend the circular stairwell and stumble into a red toothed old om Srey or a glue sniffing urchin releasing the chocolate hostages? "Chew your food more?" "Would you like a shoulder massage?" "Oh, so you like sweet corn, huh?"
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

There's Klingons on the starboard bow?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Scientists always knew Saturn's rings numbered 7, but any fool knows Uranus has only one ring.

Anyway, you get the massage...
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic