Hillary's America

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
mossie
Expatriate
Finland

Re: Hillary's America

Post by mossie »

I like to travel light, but back home I've got lil' somethin somethin...

Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Bol: Don't believe in black hoods. I think the perps should see who is drilling them.

Rat-Patrol: Sorry that's not a .30cal Browning 1919a4 like mine, but a 50cal. Browning M2. Also, the TV show was based on the Brit. WWII Long Range Desert Patrol's and as such they mostly used Brit machine guns in .303cal, but mostly anything they could mount on they vehicles. They caused a lot of problems behind German lines blowing up airfields, aircraft, ammo/fuel dumps, etc and the point was to make the Germans divert troops to guard those facilities.

Jesse Ventura for President? Yes, I believe he would make a fine president, much better than a slimy, carpetbagging, Arkansas career criminal witch. Jesse is living the life in retirement in Mexico and he says his wife won't let him run for political office anymore. When Jesse was governor of Minnesota a protest group of lowlife, welfare, bottom feeding mommas were protesting Jesse's plan to cut their benefits and make them actually work. Instead of doing like Obama-Iben-Lying or the Hildabeast would do in hiding behind police in the governor's mansion, Jesse went out and confronted them. Like Trump, a Man's Man.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

oh goody groundhog day
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

Sailorman wrote:Bol: Don't believe in black hoods. I think the perps should see who is drilling them.

Rat-Patrol: Sorry that's not a .30cal Browning 1919a4 like mine, but a 50cal. Browning M2. Also, the TV show was based on the Brit. WWII Long Range Desert Patrol's and as such they mostly used Brit machine guns in .303cal, but mostly anything they could mount on they vehicles. They caused a lot of problems behind German lines blowing up airfields, aircraft, ammo/fuel dumps, etc and the point was to make the Germans divert troops to guard those facilities.

Jesse Ventura for President? Yes, I believe he would make a fine president, much better than a slimy, carpetbagging, Arkansas career criminal witch. Jesse is living the life in retirement in Mexico and he says his wife won't let him run for political office anymore. When Jesse was governor of Minnesota a protest group of lowlife, welfare, bottom feeding mommas were protesting Jesse's plan to cut their benefits and make them actually work. Instead of doing like Obama-Iben-Lying or the Hildabeast would do in hiding behind police in the governor's mansion, Jesse went out and confronted them. Like Trump, a Man's Man.
sorry sailorman, I was trying to be funny. although I do remember watching the Rat Patrol as a kid-great show. as for guns, I haven't a clue, never could really figure the desire to have one (and before anyone goes off on a rant about war and such, yes, I get that part). Heck, I couldn't even tell you where the peanut butter goes goes....

cheers

Bertros
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I read a great book by the creator of the LRDG
Major Ralph A. Bagnold
can't find the title
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

frank lee bent wrote:I read a great book by the creator of the LRDG
Major Ralph A. Bagnold
can't find the title
Libyan Sands: Travel in a Dead World (first published 1935; reprinted by Eland in 2010) ?

You might like this article, (If you've not read it already) Clash of Forces in North Africa: Bagnold's Bluff:The Little-Known Figure Behind Britain's Daring Long Range Desert Patrols - Trevor J. Constable

"Today the ability of a small, highly-trained unit to penetrate to the heart of any country on earth has to be taken into account in protecting key leaders in the event of war. The Assassins of the twelfth century may have been the originators of this concept, but it was Ralph Bagnold who first showed in modern times what an élite and resolute small force could achieve in upsetting the strategy of armies. His achievement had its origin in a seemingly useless peacetime hobby that the English adventurer shared with a few friends. How he turned this hobby into a superior instrument of war, and was then hidden by the sheer bulk of the commando heroes who came later, is an example of historical caprice hardly rivalled in our time." http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v18/v18n2p-6_constable.html
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

very good!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic