Football: AFF Suzuki Cup qualifiers - Cambodia start strong.

Title says it all really...
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Football: AFF Suzuki Cup qualifiers - Cambodia start strong.

Post by Anchor Moy »

Cambodia beat Laos by 2-1 on Saturday and massacred Brunei with 3 goals to nil on Tuesday, looking strong to qualify for the 2016 AFF Suzuki Cup. :rave:
Brunei Darussalam vs Cambodia

Final Score: Brunei Darussalam 0-3 Cambodia (HT: 0-3)
National Olympic Stadium, Phnom Penh
Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Cambodia moved to within touching distance of qualifying for the AFF Suzuki Cup group stage in November thanks to three first half goals in their clash with Brunei Darussalam on Tuesday.

The hosts have six points from two matches and only need a point against Timor Leste on Friday to guarantee qualification.

They were two up within the first 10 minutes before Prak Mony Udom hit the team’s third - and his second - as half-time loomed...
http://www.affsuzukicup.com/news/brunei ... umping-win
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Football: AFF Suzuki Cup qualifiers - Cambodia start strong.

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i watched the 0-3 pounding on my phone, the wonders of the new Facebook Live function, someone had it set up recording the TV, was decent quality n all
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia qualified for the 2016 AFF Suzuki Cup

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia qualified for the 2016 AFF Suzuki Cup on Friday night after recording a 3-2 win over Timor-Leste in their final qualifier at the Olympic Stadium in Phnom Penh.

The Cambodians will play in Group B in next month's Southeast Asian championship against co-hosts Myanmar, Malaysia and Vietnam. They open their campaign on Nov. 20 against the Malaysians in Yangon.

The Angkor Warriors got off to a dream start when Tith Dina fired them ahead in the second minute before Chan Vathanaka netted 15 minutes later to put them firmly in control of proceedings.

http://www.malaysiasun.com/index.php/sid/248759533
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Go THAILAND!!! win it for your king!!! go INDONESIA!!! win it for chemical castration!!! go MALAYSIA!!! win for it chicken rice!!!
go BRUNEI!!! win it for golden taps!!! go SINGAPORE!!! win it for smelly arse pinky :beer3:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cambodia qualified for the 2016 AFF Suzuki Cup

Post by Bertros »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:Cambodia qualified for the 2016 AFF Suzuki Cup on Friday night after recording a 3-2 win over Timor-Leste in their final qualifier at the Olympic Stadium in Phnom Penh.

The Cambodians will play in Group B in next month's Southeast Asian championship against co-hosts Myanmar, Malaysia and Vietnam. They open their campaign on Nov. 20 against the Malaysians in Yangon.

The Angkor Warriors got off to a dream start when Tith Dina fired them ahead in the second minute before Chan Vathanaka netted 15 minutes later to put them firmly in control of proceedings.

http://www.malaysiasun.com/index.php/sid/248759533

I walked over too see if I could get a ticket to give it a watch. it had been raining, so I left just before 6:30 start. what a mad house. it looked pretty sold out, but I didn't get in. It's pretty dark (very bad layout/setup from what I could tell for people moving), around the side (north) I was walking around and there was mud everywhere (and most khmers in flops!). I tried to walk up to a couple of what looked like entrances or ticket booths (it was too dark to see from how far back you were due to the crowd), but there was a big crowd at every one 30-40 people deep, so I gave up and walked back to the apt to watch on tv. (I can hear the cheers from where I'm staying). didn't give it enough thought to try and buy a ticket earlier in the day, although I'm not sure it would have helped get in. it might have just been the weather creating a lot of late arrivals. sounded like the folks were having a good time. sorry I missed it. If anyone has some info on how to get ticks ahead of time or better places (gates) to get in, it would be worth sharing.

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Warriors to face Lions in Suzuki Cup warmer
Fri, 4 November 2016

Singapore will host Cambodia at the Bishan Stadium next Sunday in an international friendly that serves as the final preparatory game for both sides as they head to the Suzuki Cup, being jointly staged by the Philippines and Myanmar from November 19 to December 17.

Singapore open their Group A campaign against co-hosts the Philippines in Bulacan, while Cambodia play Malaysia in the Group B opener in Yangon.
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/sport/warr ... cup-warmer
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:Warriors to face Lions in Suzuki Cup warmer
Fri, 4 November 2016

Singapore will host Cambodia at the Bishan Stadium next Sunday in an international friendly that serves as the final preparatory game for both sides as they head to the Suzuki Cup, being jointly staged by the Philippines and Myanmar from November 19 to December 17.

Singapore open their Group A campaign against co-hosts the Philippines in Bulacan, while Cambodia play Malaysia in the Group B opener in Yangon.
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/sport/warr ... cup-warmer

Lions edge Warriors in Suzuki Cup warm-up

Tue, 15 November 2016

National coach Lee Tae Hoon remained unfazed after Sunday evening’s 1-0 loss to Singapore at the Bishan Stadium, insisting the international friendly experience was all part of Cambodia’s preparations for their AFF Suzuki Cup campaign, which starts this weekend.
While Lee Tae Hoon said he was disappointed with the outcome but not disheartened, the Lions’ coach said: “Friendlies are friendlies – the most important matches are the Cup games next week.”
PPP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Cambodia plays Malaysia this afternoon. At 2:30 PM, I think.

Hope they do well.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Username Taken wrote:Cambodia plays Malaysia this afternoon. At 2:30 PM, I think.

Hope they do well.
Izit on the telly ?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Don't know. Our cable doesn't seem to be working today. :(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic